News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield - "Battle! (Calyrex)" by Kricketune54

Started by Zeta, November 26, 2020, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 21, 2021, 04:00:58 PM- I think I hear some chord motion here in the 2nd layer between the measures but I can't pinpoint what's moving so I guess you aren't forced to change it. Thought I'd mention it though.

I think the B moves to a E and the G# goes to an A.  Problem with moving to an A is it's unplayable at original octave because of the distance.  That's why I had the C# at the bottom of voice 2 on beat 4 because that's at least present in the original octave.  That is also why beat 3 in the second voice of m29 the half notes moved to C# and A nat.

Do you think the phrase would sound better chord wise like this? 

Additionally, I have two asks about m30 in the RH. I wanted to know if I should add D# to that chord to add to it.  Additionally, do you hear a A# at the bottom of the chord as opposed to the G# at m30?  I have gone back and forth on that since starting this arrangement.

One other request I had is in the format: I would like to change the half notes in m20-28 RH to whole notes so that they are accurate to the song.  Would it be okay when I resubmit this that you hide the half rests?  I can't get rid of them in Notepad.

Maelstrom

First of all, I like those chords better. What I was referring to specifically was movement from b4 of m28 to b1 of m29. Can't put my finger on it still.

This is what I hear in m30, unsimplified. Do with this what you will

I hear no A#s here.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 21, 2021, 08:06:46 PMOne other request I had is in the format: I would like to change the half notes in m20-28 RH to whole notes so that they are accurate to the song.  Would it be okay when I resubmit this that you hide the half rests?  I can't get rid of them in Notepad.
sure thing

Kricketune54

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 02, 2021, 05:39:13 PMFirst of all, I like those chords better. What I was referring to specifically was movement from b4 of m28 to b1 of m29. Can't put my finger on it still.

This is what I hear in m30, unsimplified. Do with this what you will

I hear no A#s here.
sure thing

I played around with the chords a little more at m 28-29, and here is what I have put now (measure 32 labeled, standing in for m. 28).  I also simplified what you had at m.30, removing the E#.

In my previous comment, I had meant m.31, not m.30 with regards to A#.  I have made a couple changes to the m.31 chord.

New files uploaded, with a couple additional LH rhythms on the second page as well as a small addition in RH on the last measure of the song

Maelstrom

Zeta