Series: EarthBound
Game: EarthBound
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Bed and Breakfast
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: AcceptedSugar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

Hey, just a heads up: please link a youtube video or something else like so in order for people to more easily compare your arrangement to the original.  :)
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Nice first arrangement! It's pretty good. Two main things to say about this one - one for the first part and one for the second.

First system
The LH is almost there, but note quite right. The bass walks down C > Bb > A > Ab (instead of C > B > Bb > Ab). So:
- The bottom note of the second chord should be Bb (the rest of the chord is fine)
- The bottom note of the third chord should be A. I would also recommend including the third (C) of the chord instead of the fifth (E) since there's already an E in the right hand.

Second system
The bass voice is missing which makes the arrangement sound a whole lot lighter than the original while also making the chords ambiguous. Here's what it looks like fully transcribed (plus a couple other edits) -
You cannot view this attachment.
- Everything's within reach except for beat 1 of m. 5 and 7 which you can have the right hand take. For that you could use a bracket like in the image.
- First eighth note in m. 8 is a C.
- Last measure should have a fermata over the left to match the right hand.

Also, use a double barline at the end of the first system. There's a few formatting quirks too but let's get the notes first :P Again, nice work!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AcceptedSugar

I made all of the specified edits :)

Thanks for the kind words! I enjoyed making it even more than I anticipated, I look forward to learning through this to make better sheets in the future :D

In the song, I think the second system repeats indefinitely (until Ness wakes up). Is it possible to notate this?

Thanks again,
AcceptedSugar

Latios212

You're very welcome! I'm happy the feedback was helpful, haha.

Quote from: AcceptedSugar on November 14, 2020, 09:02:47 PMIn the song, I think the second system repeats indefinitely (until Ness wakes up). Is it possible to notate this?
I think looping indefinitely is already implied, but you could insert some expression text above the end of the last measure that says "Repeat until Ness wakes up" or something like that.

Anyway, a few minor visual things :)
- Capitalize the B in EarthBound
- Not sure if it's just me, or are there four q = 90 tempo markings superimposed?
- The composer/arranger information and the footer need to be aligned to the margins properly. See here
- Needs an opening dynamic!
- I forgot to include the RH bracket in m. 7 like in m. 5 in my picture, but we should have them there too.
- URL should have https instead of http

Lastly, the right margin for the two systems is oddly large for some reason. Open the Page Layout Tool and drag the ends of the systems (selected boxes here) past the right margin and they'll snap to the right margin.

You cannot view this attachment.

These are all really small things - the arrangement's pretty much done :P Let me know if you need help with any of the above!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AcceptedSugar

OH awesome! I'll get to this tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again, I love how supportive this forum is lol

AcceptedSugar

Sorry it's been so long- I lost the previous save and so I have to redo some things. I had half of my finals this week and some homework I had not anticipated.

I was hoping to finish this one and make another this weekend, but I just didn't have the time. I just wanted to let you know I didn't forget- I really appreciate your help.

I'm looking forward to working on it tomorrow :D

Thanks,
-AcceptedSugar

Dekkadeci

Quote from: AcceptedSugar on November 22, 2020, 10:07:24 PMSorry it's been so long- I lost the previous save and so I have to redo some things. I had half of my finals this week and some homework I had not anticipated.

I was hoping to finish this one and make another this weekend, but I just didn't have the time. I just wanted to let you know I didn't forget- I really appreciate your help.

I'm looking forward to working on it tomorrow :D

Thanks,
-AcceptedSugar
You can always re-download your submission if you lose it by clicking on your desired submission file in the OP of this thread.

AcceptedSugar

Thanks Dekkadeci - I'm so stupid, I forgot that I had uploaded the updated version *before* it crashed.

tysm (facepalm)

I'll get those updates in right now.

AcceptedSugar

Alright! All of those final changes should be done. I hope I make it in before the update, lol.

Thanks Latios for all the extra help, I feel like I'm finally starting to improve :)

Latios212

Awesome! Sheet looks great, and you're very welcome.

The last couple of things - the footer text is below the bottom margin, and it still looks like the q = 90 tempo mark is actually several of them superimposed.

That's about it, though, and these are super tiny things so I'll leave my approval :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I think the fermata in m9 over the quarter rest isn't supposed to be flipped ....

I'd recommend deleting it and re-entering it. Iirc the only times when a fermata is supposed to be flipped is when it's corresponding to a 2nd layer below the first layer, which isn't' what's going on here.

Aside from that, it looks great

edit: looks like this was a finale export problem as the PDF is fine. My statement about it looking great still stands.

AcceptedSugar

The fermata is above the rest in my Finale file, and it is in the PDF as well; I don't know what happened there... I re-input the fermata, re-exported everything, and updated it here.

I also fixed the footer and deleted the overlaid tempo markings (weird, right?)

Everything should be good to go, let me know if any hidden quirks persist :)

Maelstrom

I'm still seeing 4 q=90 in the .mus and the PDF looks a bit funky there