News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

"Fixing the Forum" Project

Started by Davey, August 11, 2008, 08:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

Quote from: HugoMeister on August 12, 2008, 01:07:40 PMI like the idea.

Although I think 7 people is like way too much, they'd end up arguing against each other on who gets to do what. Maybe 2 or 3.

Also, if we do use this system, the simple mods should only have the power to lock topics and archive them. It should be the simple mod's job to lock anything that needs to go, and to report those who cause trouble to the higher authorities (aka dekudude, jamaha, etc), maybe in some board that simple mods and up can see. Have like a topic for each member that's started trouble, and people can discuss what to do with him/her there.

Too many people with power will make us worse off than how we are now.
I think they should have more piano *I mean power; just thought it was a funny type-o to leave there* than that. Maybe tempban and approve songs...

Palagerini

Quote from: PianoMan on August 12, 2008, 02:22:22 PM
Quote from: HugoMeister on August 12, 2008, 01:07:40 PMI like the idea.

Although I think 7 people is like way too much, they'd end up arguing against each other on who gets to do what. Maybe 2 or 3.

Also, if we do use this system, the simple mods should only have the power to lock topics and archive them. It should be the simple mod's job to lock anything that needs to go, and to report those who cause trouble to the higher authorities (aka dekudude, jamaha, etc), maybe in some board that simple mods and up can see. Have like a topic for each member that's started trouble, and people can discuss what to do with him/her there.

Too many people with power will make us worse off than how we are now.
I think they should have more piano *I mean power; just thought it was a funny type-o to leave there* than that. Maybe tempban and approve songs...

i kinda of agree though but they :

1. Not be able to ban without permission of Higher Archery (=P i suck at spelling)
2. Not be able to have anything to do with Updating the Site* (i mean like putting new songs on the site and making annoucements on the site. they should be allowed to make anoucements on the forum without permission but if it is something stupid than the bottom occurs *)
3. Should be able to lock topics (maybe with admins permission.. or not.. up to them..)
4. and should be able to move topics (if that's possible) and to delete and edit posts (maybe with admin's permission too.)

and in addition to this their punishments should be stricter.. and less tolerable...
like...

1. Warning (if bad then skip to number 2)
2. Temporary Ban
3. Loss of Mod Status

something like that... since they should be enforcing the rules not breaking them... 
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

HugoMeister

I still think only locking topics and moving them. They're simple moderators, not regular moderators.

Like I said before, too much power will hurt us more than help us.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Palagerini

well the simple moderators will evantually be able to be promoted to full mods right? otherwise simple mods usefulness is really down...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: HugoMeister on August 12, 2008, 01:07:40 PMAlso, if we do use this system, the simple mods should only have the power to lock topics and archive them.

Does that include the Request Thread? There's a few pages worth of archiving there.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Nintendude73

My suggestion is give these moderators all powers over threads (lock, pin, delete) and posts (edit, remove).  I think at most they should be able to warn members about misbehavior (and give those members the warned status), and if the problem persists, report them to a higher-up.  And any misconduct from one of them results in complete loss of mod powers, no exceptions.

PianoMan

I'm fine with any o' that as long as they don't have to ask permission about everything. I was gonna say something else... I lost my train of thought... Oh, yeah.

Quote from: HugoMeister on August 12, 2008, 05:40:21 PMI still think only locking topics and moving them. They're simple moderators, not regular moderators.

Like I said before, too much power will hurt us more than help us.

They should have more power than that. If they have that little power, what's the point of having more mods? The point is to make people less jerky. How can we do that if mods can't warn/tempban them?

iDOWN

I honestly think we have enough moderators to go around, but some aren't really doing a great job with that title. Some aren't even that active.
(I didn't read the whole topic. :P )

Brawler4Ever

lol I can't edit other peoples' posts. So if they swear I can only report them to another moderator or warn them..which is very harsh.  :P

Jamaha

All right now...what the hell (whoops, I said a bad word) is going on here?

How about SOMEONE ACTUALLY ASKS ME BEFORE DOING ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

Nintendude73

No one has done anything yet JaMaHa, it's mostly just ideas being thrown around.

Sirus

well if you dont mind ill suggest a hierarchy (did i spell that right?)

1. Admin (top guy :P)
2. Global Moderators (all around)
3. Special Mods (for special topics like TWG/lock, eidt, warn)/ Simple Mods (Lock, edit, warn)
4. NSM Staff (idk i think they need to be put in somewhere)
5. Normal Members

also i think we should have mod(s) for submission/request, to mkae the process go faster instead of having one mod do everything
if you give simple mods too much power i think some of them might abuse it  :P (you all probably know what i mean)
and i dont care if this is rejected  :P

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: JaMaHa on August 13, 2008, 08:16:45 AMHow about SOMEONE ACTUALLY ASKS ME BEFORE DOING ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

you know...JaMaHa has a point...  ;D

Gooch

well, we had police for about a week then.

Brawler4Ever

A week? lol. I thought it was about 1 1/2 days...