News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [SNES] Final Fantasy VI - "Celes’s Theme" by Renaud Bergeron

Started by Zeta, September 28, 2020, 04:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy VI
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Celes's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Renaud Bergeron

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Static

Quote from: D3ath3657 on September 28, 2020, 04:04:15 PMBest Character.
Perhaps...

• The stem in m8 LH is colliding with the RH. You have enough room on the page to adjust the spacing a bit.
  • Generally speaking, sheets for the site are not intended to be original arrangements, but more close to transcriptions that work nicely on piano. That's not to say you can't be creative, but I think you took a few too many liberties with the triplets in the LH. That part is nowhere in the original and I don't think it makes sense to change the feel of the piece so much like that. The 8th notes in m9-16 are fine, but I'd personally prefer to see an accompaniment that follows the original more.
  • The quotes should be straight quotes like this ".

Khunjund

Quote from: Static on October 05, 2020, 06:04:07 PMGenerally speaking, sheets for the site are not intended to be original arrangements, but more close to transcriptions that work nicely on piano. That's not to say you can't be creative, but I think you took a few too many liberties with the triplets in the LH. That part is nowhere in the original and I don't think it makes sense to change the feel of the piece so much like that. The 8th notes in m9-16 are fine, but I'd personally prefer to see an accompaniment that follows the original more.

I'd like more opinions on this if that's possible. Maybe I took a little too much inspiration from the Piano Collections: Final Fantasy VII arrangement of "Aerith's Theme", but there's more to the accompaniment of this piece than the "music box"-esque synth-harp arpeggio at the start of every measure; there are also expansive chords and a low bass, and arpeggios are the way of incorporating both of these into a playable pattern which sounded the best to me. If there are any inner voice movements you feel should be included and aren't, I can try to fit them into the arpeggio pattern, but aside from that I think the only egregious thing I've left out is the upper arpeggio in measure 24 (I could put it back in). If the consensus is that it's too much, I'll delete it and submit a new version or something.

I'll wait for more feedback and fix quotation marks and measure spacing along with the rest.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Static

Quote from: D3ath3657 on October 05, 2020, 08:53:55 PMI'd like more opinions on this if that's possible. Maybe I took a little too much inspiration from the Piano Collections: Final Fantasy VII arrangement of "Aerith's Theme", but there's more to the accompaniment of this piece than the "music box"-esque synth-harp arpeggio at the start of every measure; there are also expansive chords and a low bass, and arpeggios are the way of incorporating both of these into a playable pattern which sounded the best to me. If there are any inner voice movements you feel should be included and aren't, I can try to fit them into the arpeggio pattern, but aside from that I think the only egregious thing I've left out is the upper arpeggio in measure 24 (I could put it back in). If the consensus is that it's too much, I'll delete it and submit a new version or something.

I'll wait for more feedback and fix quotation marks and measure spacing along with the rest.
I moreso meant the triplet thing specifically. When you use normal 8th notes (like in m9-16), I think it fits in a lot better. I get why would prefer to have a more rhythmic accompaniment rather than static chords to drive the song forward and include more notes, but if you really want to do that I would suggest using normal 8th notes. Regular 8th notes align with the harp part and some of the melody, but there's nothing there that really suggests a triplet feel. Hopefully that makes sense.