News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[3DS] Bravely Default - "Wicked Flight" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, June 30, 2020, 04:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Bravely Default
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Wicked Flight
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

A bit of a doozy to check - sorry! But the melody and chords are fairly straightforward for the most part.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Looks good! Some small things:
- IMO m8 LH should have an eighth-note rhythm somewhere; maybe you could turn the bottom note of each chord into an eight-note Layer 2.
- m12 RH has an A starting on beat 3. (I would use two layers: Layer 1 with a C half note followed by an A half note, and Layer 2 with A and E whole notes.)
- Similar to m12, m16 RH has a high E starting on beat 3.
- You might consider adding the pickups to m13 in the m12 RH (as well as the pickups to m11/15 but those are less prominent). You could also add the ascending scale at the end of m16.
- There are harmonies you could add under the RH melody in m52-56 (same with m84-88).
- IMO I think the LH pattern from m59+ belongs better in the first section, before the LH pattern in m25+, since I think the part in m25+ feels fuller than the m59+ part. That's just my opinion, though.
- m109/117 RH beat 2.5 should be a G instead of an A.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Thanks for the check!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 20, 2020, 10:33:52 PM- IMO m8 LH should have an eighth-note rhythm somewhere; maybe you could turn the bottom note of each chord into an eight-note Layer 2.
Good idea, though I implemented this a bit differently

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 20, 2020, 10:33:52 PM- m12 RH has an A starting on beat 3. (I would use two layers: Layer 1 with a C half note followed by an A half note, and Layer 2 with A and E whole notes.)
- Similar to m12, m16 RH has a high E starting on beat 3.
- You might consider adding the pickups to m13 in the m12 RH (as well as the pickups to m11/15 but those are less prominent). You could also add the ascending scale at the end of m16.
Fixed these - wrote in just one grace note before the respective chords because two would be awkward to play. Also omitted the E on m. 16 beat 3 in preparation for the 16th note run.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 20, 2020, 10:33:52 PM- IMO I think the LH pattern from m59+ belongs better in the first section, before the LH pattern in m25+, since I think the part in m25+ feels fuller than the m59+ part. That's just my opinion, though.
Great idea, I should have done that earlier! Adjusted pages 2-6 accordingly, really hope I didn't mess anything up during my copy-pasta :P

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 20, 2020, 10:33:52 PM- m109/117 RH beat 2.5 should be a G instead of an A.
Oops yep

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 20, 2020, 10:33:52 PM- There are harmonies you could add under the RH melody in m52-56 (same with m84-88).
I'm having a little difficulty figuring out what those are / what would be good to write in. Despite the speed and drive of this song one thing I tried to keep it simple and easy to play, and I definitely want to avoid parallel dyads or something of the sort here - though if you have idea on what to write in a lower layer I'd be happy to consider it.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on July 27, 2020, 07:53:01 PMI'm having a little difficulty figuring out what those are / what would be good to write in. Despite the speed and drive of this song one thing I tried to keep it simple and easy to play, and I definitely want to avoid parallel dyads or something of the sort here - though if you have idea on what to write in a lower layer I'd be happy to consider it.
I took a closer listen; they're thirds under the melody. Up to you whether to include them or not.

The only other comment I have is that RH beat 2 of m93 sounds like it goes down, not up, from the chord on beat 1.

Other than that small thing, I approve.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 28, 2020, 06:50:13 PMI took a closer listen; they're thirds under the melody. Up to you whether to include them or not.
Yeah I'll leave them out for ease of playing :P

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 28, 2020, 06:50:13 PMThe only other comment I have is that RH beat 2 of m93 sounds like it goes down, not up, from the chord on beat 1.
Dekka pointed this out as well and some other covers/sheets online seem to agree with you, but I really don't hear it that way :/ I'll wait for someone else (Maelstrom?) to confirm I'm crazy before I change it.

Once again, thanks for looking!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on July 28, 2020, 07:58:36 PMDekka pointed this out as well and some other covers/sheets online seem to agree with you, but I really don't hear it that way :/ I'll wait for someone else (Maelstrom?) to confirm I'm crazy before I change it.

I've also always heard this as going down.  If you wanted Maelstrom's opinion specifically, then his WIP arrangement of this piece that he sent me a while back also has it going down.  If you wanted specifically Maelstrom's opinion (2020), then you'll have to ask him.

Maelstrom

Latios212

:P okay I'm outvoted, I'll change it!

Any other feedback?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot