News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Static's Replacements

Started by Static, May 30, 2020, 06:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Flipside
Quote from: Static on December 13, 2020, 08:24:59 PMI tried playing it a bit at the piano when I was first working on it, but other than that not as much as I probably should have... I tried to make the 2nd page more clear by moving the voices to the hand I think they should be played.
Great, this looks much better! Much more approachable now (though still difficult). Let me know if you want suggestions on any specific part because I'm not playtesting the entire thing at the moment.

Other than that, before I sign off on this one, for the voice going across the staff between m. 39-40 if you intend for the right side to land on the Ab I would recommend swapping layers 1 and 2 horizontally there so the Ab winds up on the left with the dotted line more naturally pointing toward it.

The Forest of Hope
Quote from: Static on December 13, 2020, 08:24:59 PM- I didn't add repeats mostly bc the sound files would be really long but I'll add them in. (did this for Forest Navel too btw)
You can just have them not do anything for the playback :P but yeah, just wanted to make sure it's clear to the reader they repeat

Aside from that, last few small visual things before I accept:
- slur's super close to the tie in m. 4, 6, 10, ; and the accidental in 19, 83, 84
- the p in m. 18 can be shifted right a bit
- the dynamics between m. 56-57 can be aligned
- the 8va is super close to the slurs in m. 77/115, can we give it some more space?
- would be great if we make the page margins consistent (text within the margins)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Battle at the Big Bridge

Looks great!  I agree that it's probably best to leave the 9/4 bar as is; I can't think of anything else to do with it anyway.

Static

The Dreadful Fight
Quote from: Maelstrom on December 14, 2020, 08:20:10 PM-Maybe make the entire bassline 8vb? Or write some text and use the score manager to transpose it or something.
-Accents over the slur in m51 but under in 55?
- I just did it for the last few systems, I think the rest is fine as-is.
- Fixed

Another Moon
Quote from: Maelstrom on December 14, 2020, 08:20:10 PM-Maybe tame those slurs in the last too systems, they're encroaching too much on the ties above them for their own good. Maybe decrease the space between staves in the last system if you're having trouble lowering them further?
-No repeat? The video you linked does...
-Raise b1 rests in m5-11? I'd recommend making them slightly more in line with the top layer's notes rather than having them right before the 3rd layer 8th note.
- Fixed
- Added
- Done

Flipside
Quote from: Latios212 on December 14, 2020, 08:33:42 PMOther than that, before I sign off on this one, for the voice going across the staff between m. 39-40 if you intend for the right side to land on the Ab I would recommend swapping layers 1 and 2 horizontally there so the Ab winds up on the left with the dotted line more naturally pointing toward it.
- Sounds good

The Forest of Hope
Quote from: Latios212 on December 14, 2020, 08:33:42 PM- slur's super close to the tie in m. 4, 6, 10, ; and the accidental in 19, 83, 84
- the p in m. 18 can be shifted right a bit
- the dynamics between m. 56-57 can be aligned
- the 8va is super close to the slurs in m. 77/115, can we give it some more space?
- would be great if we make the page margins consistent (text within the margins)
- Fixed all the things

Maelstrom

Dreadful Fight and Another Moon are Approved

Maelstrom

Quote from: Static on December 13, 2020, 08:24:59 PMThe Forest NavelI hear it as an echo there, it's a lot quieter than the C on on b3.5 of m9 and onward.
Fair. Approved

Latios212

Quote from: Static on December 15, 2020, 09:34:06 PMFlipside- Sounds good

The Forest of Hope- Fixed all the things
Fantastic. Approved Flipside and accepted The Forest of Hope!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Flipside
made the b3 m42 LH rest consistent with the other measures around it and accepted

Static

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 19, 2020, 09:49:33 AMFlipside
made the b3 m42 LH rest consistent with the other measures around it and accepted
Fixed

Latios212

FFIV - Another Moon
- Opening dynamics
- Everything else looks good :)

FFIV - The Dreadful Fight
- Unbeam the LH similar to the RH in m. 47?
- Dynamics in the last couple systems need some space

FFIV - The Final Battle
- m. 5 beat 2 RH should have En on the bottom (not Eb)
- m. 10/26 beat 4 RH sounds like C# instead of E
- m. 14/31 sounds the same as m. 10; is beat 4 different just to transition into the following measure? (at least according to this version since your original link is broke)
- Would suggest flipping the tie from the note in m. 32 (and the one after it) down, away from the new whole note on top of m. 33. Same with m. 72-73.
- It sounds to me like all the chords in m. 59-66 should be structured like the ones in 63-64 (in other words, with the rest of them inverted downwards once).
- DS at the end can be raised a bit

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

FFIV - Another Moon
Quote from: Latios212 on December 19, 2020, 02:43:08 PM- Opening dynamics
- Added

FFIV - The Dreadful Fight
Quote from: Latios212 on December 19, 2020, 02:43:08 PM- Unbeam the LH similar to the RH in m. 47?
- Dynamics in the last couple systems need some space
- Done
- This was fine before but I must've adjusted something awhile ago and messed these last few systems up lol, it should be fixed now

FFIV - The Final Battle
Quote from: Latios212 on December 19, 2020, 02:43:08 PM- m. 5 beat 2 RH should have En on the bottom (not Eb)
- m. 10/26 beat 4 RH sounds like C# instead of E
- m. 14/31 sounds the same as m. 10; is beat 4 different just to transition into the following measure? (at least according to this version since your original link is broke)
- Would suggest flipping the tie from the note in m. 32 (and the one after it) down, away from the new whole note on top of m. 33. Same with m. 72-73.
- It sounds to me like all the chords in m. 59-66 should be structured like the ones in 63-64 (in other words, with the rest of them inverted downwards once).
- DS at the end can be raised a bit
- Fixed
- Also fixed
- Yeah I made it go down instead of up so it'd be easier to play m15/31. But, I'm going to change it to C#-G-E-C# so it's more accurate.
- I actually did something a bit different here
- While I did invert the other chords up (specifically the Bns and Cns), it was to highlight the change in m63-64, which is the only spot there where the lower voices play lower. What I have keeps that sound and has all the notes in the chords. I purposely didn't want it to all sound the same.
- Done
(made some other changes too like m67-69)

Latios212

Splendid. All three FFIV sheets are accepted :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

The Forest Navel
- Would recommend lowering the min distance between tied notes, would distribute space a lot more evenly at least on page 1
- The usual stuff about consistent margins
- RH augmentation dots / sharps are clashing in m. 43
- m. 69/99 could use a half note for beats 2-3 like in m. 73
- You could use a dotted quarter for m. 78 beat 1 and similar
- Some of the flatted mordents seem a bit low (like compare m. 77 to m. 86)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on December 20, 2020, 05:45:23 PMThe Forest Navel
- Would recommend lowering the min distance between tied notes, would distribute space a lot more evenly at least on page 1
- The usual stuff about consistent margins
- RH augmentation dots / sharps are clashing in m. 43
- m. 69/99 could use a half note for beats 2-3 like in m. 73
- You could use a dotted quarter for m. 78 beat 1 and similar
- Some of the flatted mordents seem a bit low (like compare m. 77 to m. 86)
Did all the things

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

FFV - The Decisive Battle
- m9-11: align your dynamics/cresscendos!
- m53-54: move the crescendo a bit up to be aligned with the surrounding dynamics.
- m76: move the forte a bit up to be aligned with the crescendo in m75.

That is all.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.