[NES] Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - "Battle Map 1: Player Attack" by Libera

Started by Zeta, April 28, 2020, 03:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle Map 1: Player Attack
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Libera

Latios212

Looks good. A few small things:
- Could you tweak the slurs in m. 2 (and the similar measures) to have the left edge of the slurs moved a bit? The default position of pointing straight down on top of the notehead looks odd.
- In the beginning and end sections, the single melody notes are missing harmony underneath. F# underneath the A's and D underneath the G's.

Also, one request: can you and Maelstrom agree on consistent naming for this game? Referring to our existing sheet on site
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I assume you're referring to hyphen versus colon, and I just took them from Serenes forest which has them all with hyphens.  The other things you mentioned should be fixed now.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I would argue for the colon. Going by the VGMDB listing, colons are present. In the original Japanese text, no punctuation is present at all, so it could technically go either way. I am more partial to referring to VGMDB as the be-all and end-all, as the people who take care of that database are obsessive to a fault; just check out the notes of some of the entries. They list everything, from individual composers and arrangers for each track, to the names of all the performers who played all the live instruments in a soundtrack. I would prefer to rely on that then Serenes Forest, which, while a great database, isn't run with the same rigor and obsession. I realize this is just semantics, but I felt the need to say my part on this.

As for the sheet, I personally object to beaming sets of 3 8th notes together when they're not a set of triplets, but I won't push too hard on this.
Otherwise, the sheet looks fantastic and I'll accept it when you respond.

Maelstrom

Zeta