News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Attention World

Started by Nakah, August 06, 2008, 10:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

It's nearly 43 EST hours until the Olympics begin. I'm really only concerned with watching it not only because I'm a track runner, but because I'm curious to see who shall conduct the Olympic Fanfare. If John Williams is composing the theme, it will make the entire opening ceremony for me. I know most of you would rather care to know about the musical part rather than the athletic part, though I shall post these pictures from past Olympics for everyone to enter the Olympic spirit.

2007 Special Olympics

2006 Winter Olympics

1984 Opening Ceremony

2004 in Athens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90GoFrLvVI

More to come...

Jedesyus

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi! Oi! Oi!

lol, our chant is so thug

Davey

Nice Pictures. I have actually never got myself to watch the Olympics. *kicks self*

Harvest

Canada raped in '02.

We'll rape again in '10.
-

acropol

let's hope there's alot of riots :D

KefkaticFanatic

Thanks for the shitty topic title.

me irl
[close]

Mike

Go Canada!

Though I'm 90% sure some shit will happen there because it's China and if a terrorist attack were to happen it will hit A LOT of people.

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 07, 2008, 12:28:19 PMThanks for the shitty topic title.

Agreed.

PseudoMario16

im suprised the US didnt pull out of the olympics just cuz its in china...
Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 07, 2008, 12:28:19 PMThanks for the shitty topic title.
ditto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Nakah

Quote from: Mike on August 07, 2008, 04:55:00 PM

Agreed.

Bahaha, oh I'm sorry did it not meet it's level of importance? Here let me change it for you.

Edit* Done.

KefkaticFanatic

Thanks for the even more shitty topic title.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

The word Olympics should probably fit somewhere in the topic title..
-

acropol

Quote from: Harvest on August 07, 2008, 08:51:32 PMThe word Olympics should probably fit somewhere in the topic title..

it's probably cuz he knew no one would come in a thread about the olympics

KefkaticFanatic

Well then we would obviously not want it here then, so might as well delete it.

me irl
[close]

Jedesyus

Lol, we got a black-out just as the Olympics opening ceremoney began, I was like: Sabotage!!

no kidding, was some kind of sick joke I reckon

Davey

So have you found out if John Williams is the director yet?