News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 26, 2020, 04:31:45 PM-[WiiU] New Super Mario Bros. U - "Acorn Plains
Looks good! Just a couple small things.
- I recommend against condensing beats 1.5-2 and 3.5-4 into quarter rests in the LH (in m. 5 and such) as they obscure the downbeat and make reading along with the RH a bit harder.
- I don't think the bass plays on beat 3.5 in m. 13/15.

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 26, 2020, 04:31:45 PM- [GB] The Final Fantasy Legend - "Eat the Meat"
Got a link to the (non-extended) original? This one I found is labeled under a different game
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on January 27, 2020, 04:23:39 PMGot a link to the (non-extended) original? This one I found is labeled under a different game

Yea sure, it's the "Victory" theme: Final Fantasy Legend, The (GB) Music - Victory Theme 01

Will get to the feedback from Latios shortly.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on January 27, 2020, 04:23:39 PMLooks good! Just a couple small things.
- I recommend against condensing beats 1.5-2 and 3.5-4 into quarter rests in the LH (in m. 5 and such) as they obscure the downbeat and make reading along with the RH a bit harder.
- I don't think the bass plays on beat 3.5 in m. 13/15.

- you got it. I wish Finale wouldn't do that under swing feel by default...
- you're right, it doesn't. Took those notes out
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Got a few of mine ready! Added the following to the Dropbox folder:
Plus a new sheet!

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 27, 2020, 05:23:47 PM- you got it. I wish Finale wouldn't do that under swing feel by default...
- you're right, it doesn't. Took those notes out
You missed m. 21, but I fixed it for you. Approved!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Added three new sheets tonight. Some notes for the updaters, in case they ask:

1. [SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Dreaming of Food"

A pretty straight-forward tune; only had to make a small rhythm sacrifice in the LH. The last chord is a little more dissonant than I remember.

2. [N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Goal Game"

I'm hearing 8th note movement in both hands, but I decided to simplify the lower voice for the purpose of playing. Hope it's right.

3. [GBA] Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - "Radish Ruins"

Kirby Wiki Discord says it's okay to use this title, even if the tune isn't entirely exclusive to the Radish Ruins area. I can't decipher what's going on in the percussion very well, so I made the A-flat octave triplet in the LH a recurring pattern. Don't know if that's the best way to go, so I'm open to anyone's ideas.

Only three more to go. Thanks, updaters!

Static

Quote from: NineLives on January 27, 2020, 04:05:12 PMFair enough. I think I'll call dibs on "Sweet Sweet Canyon" from Mario Kart 8 instead before someone else does.

Alright, we'll use my arrangement then. I've added it to the folder.

McDucky

Quote from: Latios212 on January 27, 2020, 03:49:21 PMFish is indeed a food :P
Yeah, but "Fishy" is just what one person translated it as. The official title has nothing to do with fish, it just means "dubious" or "suspicious", so it feels very arbitrary.
Not that I wouldn't love to have it on the site :)

Rubikium

Sheet for the update:
[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "World 3: Treat Land" FILES Original

Also, I am going to arrange the followings tunes:
[GBA] Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - "Olive Ocean"
[WiiU] New Super Mario Bros. U - "Meringue Clouds"

Static

Added Levi's additional sheets and Rubikium's to the folder and OP (converted to xml to mus and fixed some formatting stuff).

Latios212

Getting a head start on some feedback!

Quote from: Rubikium on January 28, 2020, 10:00:40 AM[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "World 3: Treat Land" FILES Original
Looks pretty solid! A few initial thoughts:
- There should be something signaling the introduction of the melody in beat 3 of measure 4. One thing I'd suggest is using a p dynamic at the beginning and having the rest of the song be mp/mf from there.
- Measures 8 and 16 beat 3 should have an A# in the right hand, layer 2.
- Measure 21+ would be better as arpeggios of single notes in the left hand instead of trying to combine multiple layers and having some releating notes
More to come later! Also, be sure to make the changes to the Finale file that Static uploaded to the Dropbox folder, as that contains a couple of formatting fixes like the header.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on January 26, 2020, 02:42:30 PMPokémon Stadium [N64]
"Sushi-Go-Round"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal
Looks good, just two things:
- Pager footer is outside the margin
- Beats 1.5 and 3.5 in the original sound just like the other notes to me, not sure why you have them notated like that?

Quote from: Static on January 26, 2020, 08:03:04 PM
Really great work. Just a few small things from me:
- This could look definitely a little nicer if you reduced the space between LH/RH to add more space between systems, particularly on page 2
- The "tap pen/pencil" marking might make a bit more sense at m. 38 where there are actually notes on the bottom staff. Maybe...
- Maybe a mf dynamic for the percussion? (i.e. not staying at f for the rest of the song)

Quote from: Static on January 26, 2020, 08:03:04 PM
Looks awesome. I'd just suggest adjusting the slurs in m. 20 and 28 a bit since they look a bit awkward sloping down from the notehead to the note stem even though the notes are ascending.

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 27, 2020, 09:40:15 PM1. [SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Dreaming of Food"

A pretty straight-forward tune; only had to make a small rhythm sacrifice in the LH. The last chord is a little more dissonant than I remember.
I think I'm hearing a G instead of a C in the last chord. Other than that, looks great.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

I'd like to claim Apple Woods (replacement) from PMD Explorers, if that's alright.

Rubikium

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2020, 03:54:33 PM- There should be something signaling the introduction of the melody in beat 3 of measure 4. One thing I'd suggest is using a p dynamic at the beginning and having the rest of the song be mp/mf from there.
Changed. Also modified measure 49-52 to match the beginning.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2020, 03:54:33 PM- Measures 8 and 16 beat 3 should have an A# in the right hand, layer 2.
Added.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2020, 03:54:33 PM- Measure 21+ would be better as arpeggios of single notes in the left hand instead of trying to combine multiple layers and having some releating notes
I have changed measure 21-28. Measure 29-48 seems fine, but if it needs additional changes, I could fix them.

Link to updated files (ver02)

NineLives

All right. Here's the first draft!

Mario Kart 8 - "Sweet Sweet Canyon" PDF | MIDI | MUS | MUSX | Source

mikey

unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2020, 03:54:33 PMI think I'm hearing a G instead of a C in the last chord. Other than that, looks great.

I went back and listened, and it turns out there is indeed a G4 in that last chord. Deleted the C and put a G in between that E-flat - B-flat perfect fifth. Updated the file, too.

Also, you can go ahead and update the YouTube link for this one in the OP:

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 27, 2020, 05:10:47 PMYea sure, it's the "Victory" theme: Final Fantasy Legend, The (GB) Music - Victory Theme 01