Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy II
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle Theme 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Name should be changed to "Battle Theme 2" - same deal as last time.

Static

Nice to see more FF replacements, the section definitely needs them...

• While I am personally fine with using smaller staff sizes (and I have done so in the past and still today), Libera has brought to my attention that it's generally good practice to make them at least 85%. Right now, you have them sized at 73%. My general rule for the Maestro font (what you are currently using) is that you shouldn't go below 80% since the noteheads are very tiny compared to something like Engraver. It may seem like a small issue, but it can make a big difference when trying to play it. Just something to think about.
  • I feel like this comes up a lot on these FF sheets, but more articulations! They're very important especially in Uematsu's work. Places like m17 and 21 completely lose their feel without the right articulations there. I'm not saying to overload the arrangement with so many markings (because you can over-articulate), but you should look for those spots that a performer wouldn't otherwise know how to play unless they looked up the original piece.
  • m19 RH: C#s instead of Dbs (chromatic neighbor tones, and for the top layer just so it matches).
  • m20 RH: The tied E does not need a courtesy accidental.
  • m23 RH: The 2nd player is very awkward to play with the 1st. I would suggest only keeping the notes that fall on 8th note beats (so there would be 2 layers of constant 8th notes).
  • m25: That big rip to this section would be cool to have (just a gliss across the piano is fine, no given notes or anything). Up to you though.
  • m25-26, 29-30: To make this part easier to read, I would suggest making the RH's accidentals match the LH. So, like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
    (Note that the LH uses a Bb instead of an A#; usually if you are writing a chromatic line in a given key, you should use the accidentals of that key so there won't be as much clutter.)
  • m32: Change all the accidentals on beat 1 to flats/naturals (and yes, keep the Bbb to keep the diminished chord structure), for the same reasons as above.

Libera

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on September 26, 2019, 03:01:17 PM
  • While I am personally fine with using smaller staff sizes (and I have done so in the past and still today), Libera has brought to my attention that it's generally good practice to make them at least 85%. Right now, you have them sized at 73%. My general rule for the Maestro font (what you are currently using) is that you shouldn't go below 80% since the noteheads are very tiny compared to something like Engraver. It may seem like a small issue, but it can make a big difference when trying to play it. Just something to think about.
  • I feel like this comes up a lot on these FF sheets, but more articulations! They're very important especially in Uematsu's work. Places like m17 and 21 completely lose their feel without the right articulations there. I'm not saying to overload the arrangement with so many markings (because you can over-articulate), but you should look for those spots that a performer wouldn't otherwise know how to play unless they looked up the original piece.
  • m19 RH: C#s instead of Dbs (chromatic neighbor tones, and for the top layer just so it matches).
  • m20 RH: The tied E does not need a courtesy accidental.
  • m23 RH: The 2nd player is very awkward to play with the 1st. I would suggest only keeping the notes that fall on 8th note beats (so there would be 2 layers of constant 8th notes).
  • m25: That big rip to this section would be cool to have (just a gliss across the piano is fine, no given notes or anything). Up to you though.
  • m25-26, 29-30: To make this part easier to read, I would suggest making the RH's accidentals match the LH. So, like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
    (Note that the LH uses a Bb instead of an A#; usually if you are writing a chromatic line in a given key, you should use the accidentals of that key so there won't be as much clutter.)
  • m32: Change all the accidentals on beat 1 to flats/naturals (and yes, keep the Bbb to keep the diminished chord structure), for the same reasons as above.
Fixed.

Static

Latios212

This is certainly... something haha. This is pretty insane to try and play but anyone actually wanting to play this will have an easy enough time cutting out parts if they want to.

Thanks again for the replacement!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot