Series: Other
Game: Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Opening
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Radiak488417

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radiak488417

The soundtrack to this game has some of the best usage of the extra sound channel on the FDS that I've ever heard. The formatting in the .mus file is messed up once again due to importing from Musescore.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 13, 2019, 09:26:52 PMThe formatting in the .mus file is messed up once again due to importing from Musescore.

Here's what I did for you: Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally - Opening.zip

Above is a recreation of your sheet in a template with proper formatting (a template that you should probably use for all your submissions from now on) and updated measure distribution. There are still a few formatting mistakes that I did not fix, such as incorrectly aligned staccatos and rests too high/low on the treble line, but this should at least give you a start so that the updaters don't have to address your Musescore export like they do with nearly every other new arranger.

Like I said, feel free to use this template for your sheets. Also, always make sure to use the full name of the game when submitting a sheet. Someone will have to edit the name of this game so it reads Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Radiak488417

I apologize about the title, I thought it would be too long. Lesson learned, I suppose. Submission has been updated with the correct title and an updated .mus file with the rests and staccatos fixed. Unfortunately I can't export PDFs from NotePad, so if someone else could do that then that would be great. Also, even though you didn't mention it, thanks for fixing some of the note durations—it seems I need to check more thoroughly for those.

(Incidentally, I do use a template with correct formatting for my sheets, it just apparently breaks when converting to MusicXML.)

Dekkadeci

I use PrimoPDF to export PDFs from Finale Notepad.

I also support using Trasdegi's Musescore template and XML formatter in https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10136.0. It worked for my latest transcription that I submitted to NinSheetMusic (I also use Musescore to write my submissions).

Libera

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 14, 2019, 09:59:08 PMI also support using Trasdegi's Musescore template and XML formatter in https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10136.0. It worked for my latest transcription that I submitted to NinSheetMusic (I also use Musescore to write my submissions).

https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10136.0  Here's a link if you want to check it out / use it in future.  It should help keep formatting done in musescore intact when transferred over to finale, as well as sorting out a few other things.

Onto to the arrangement itself!

-Normally when you have additive time signatures you have them notated as such in the time signature itself rather than as a marking.  You might have done it because you weren't sure on how to do it in musescore (which I do not know) but I do know how to do it in finale so I can add it in for you.  It would look like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
-It might just be the video you linked doing something funny at the start, but I actually don't hear the first left hand note in bar 1.
-I don't have anything to say formatting wise since I guess Levi sorted that all out for you.  It's probably a good idea to take note of what he did so that you know what to do next time.  (Thanks by the way Levi!)
-I'm not 100% convinced on the staccato pattern in the left hand bars 18 onwards.  It feels oddly specific and I can't really hear it like that in the original so it might be worth coming up with something a little more natural (like maybe all the lower notes staccato and the top ones not staccato).
-I get that the notes are there, but some of the quaver runs of triads are a little awkward to play and it might be worth cutting some notes there for playability purposes.
-Some of the beaming was a little off in places.  In 3+2+2+2 split the 3 group off from the rest and I wouldn't beam across groups unless you can get the whole of all of the groups you beam across.  There's also a few places in the 4/4 section where you can write crotchet tied to quaver as a dotted crotchet and similarly minim tied to crotchet as dotted minim.  I think you can fix beaming in notepad so just have a look through and see if you can fix them all.  If you need any help, ask!

Everything else looked good, nice work!

Radiak488417

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 14, 2019, 09:59:08 PMI also support using Trasdegi's Musescore template and XML formatter in https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10136.0.
I just tried this, and although it seems somewhat helpful, it does not fix the main issues I usually run into with importing (articulations being messed up, fonts not translating, etc.). I will use it for all future arrangements, though.

Quote from: Libera on July 15, 2019, 09:30:20 AM-Normally when you have additive time signatures you have them notated as such in the time signature itself rather than as a marking.
I might agree if it was something more obscure/weird, but I think this song fits nicely into 9/8. Also, 9/8 subdivided into 4 unequal pulses is decently common as far as odd times go. I see no need to do an additive time sig here, especially since other time sigs have been notated on-site the way I did it. https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/3950  If it's really that big of an issue I suppose we could change it, but it looks fine to me as is.

Quote from: Libera on July 15, 2019, 09:30:20 AM-It might just be the video you linked doing something funny at the start, but I actually don't hear the first left hand note in bar 1.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Pretty sure it's just an issue with the video, most other videos that I can find of the song do have the note in question.  I only linked the one I did because it's the highest quality version I could find.

Quote from: Libera on July 15, 2019, 09:30:20 AMhttps://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10136.0  -I'm not 100% convinced on the staccato pattern in the left hand bars 18 onwards.  It feels oddly specific and I can't really hear it like that in the original so it might be worth coming up with something a little more natural (like maybe all the lower notes staccato and the top ones not staccato).
It sure is oddly specific, but that's what I'm hearing. If it's too weird I can change it.

Quote from: Libera on July 15, 2019, 09:30:20 AM-I get that the notes are there, but some of the quaver runs of triads are a little awkward to play and it might be worth cutting some notes there for playability purposes.
Omitted some notes in measures 7, 19, 23, and 27. Submission has been updated. Let me know if I missed anything you thought was too awkward or edited something I didn't need to.

Quote from: Libera on July 15, 2019, 09:30:20 AM-Some of the beaming was a little off in places.  In 3+2+2+2 split the 3 group off from the rest and I wouldn't beam across groups unless you can get the whole of all of the groups you beam across.  There's also a few places in the 4/4 section where you can write crotchet tied to quaver as a dotted crotchet and similarly minim tied to crotchet as dotted minim.
I only found one instance of the first thing you said about 9/8 grouping (measure 7), but it has been fixed. As for the 4/4 stuff, if you're talking about measures 18, 21 and 26, those were all edits by Levi. I originally had them notated as dotted, but he changed them to multiple tied notes. I'm honestly not sure which is more correct, so I'll just leave them as they are for now.

If there's anything else I can do, let me know.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 15, 2019, 11:41:22 AMAs for the 4/4 stuff, if you're talking about measures 18, 21 and 26, those were all edits by Levi. I originally had them notated as dotted, but he changed them to multiple tied notes. I'm honestly not sure which is more correct, so I'll just leave them as they are for now.

Your .mus wasn't the same as your PDF, so I tried to make some changes to match it. Sorry if they didn't come out right.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 15, 2019, 11:41:22 AMI might agree if it was something more obscure/weird, but I think this song fits nicely into 9/8. Also, 9/8 subdivided into 4 unequal pulses is decently common as far as odd times go. I see no need to do an additive time sig here, especially since other time sigs have been notated on-site the way I did it. https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/3950  If it's really that big of an issue I suppose we could change it, but it looks fine to me as is.

Turns out I guess this is just something I haven't really seen before, feel free to keep it as is.

Quote from: Radiak488417 on July 15, 2019, 11:41:22 AMI only found one instance of the first thing you said about 9/8 grouping (measure 7), but it has been fixed. As for the 4/4 stuff, if you're talking about measures 18, 21 and 26, those were all edits by Levi. I originally had them notated as dotted, but he changed them to multiple tied notes. I'm honestly not sure which is more correct, so I'll just leave them as they are for now.

I think in this case it's more correct to have it as dotted crotchet quaver.  That way the groupings match between the left hand and right hand.  (Groups of four quavers with groups of four quavers.)  For the ones in bar 21, 42 and 44 I think it's more subjective, although personally I would write them as dotted minims over crotchet tied to minim.  Also, you still have some incorrect beaming in bar 8: it should be written as dotted crotchet tied to quaver rather than a minim.

Everything else looks good to me, I think.

Radiak488417

Submission has been updated. Thanks for all the help, guys!

Libera

Latios212

Wow, this is a neat soundtrack! Never heard anything from it before.

Few minor aesthetic things:
- Beat 7 RH of m. 7 is flipped.
- m. 13's layers should look like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
- m. 39 shows an extra flat on the Ab of the lower layer.
- Lower layer tie at the end of m. 40 should bend downwards.

I've updated the files for you because Notepad. Accepting!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot