News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[GCN] Pokémon Colosseum - "Pyrite Town" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, May 07, 2019, 05:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Colosseum
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Pyrite Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

One of those random on the spur of the moment arrangements

8)

Oops, forgot to remove the octave clef, will do tomorrow
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I remember this piece!  I never got very far in this game when I was younger and I'd completely forgotten about it until I listened to it just now.

-Watch the ties in bars 24-28.  I think a lot of them could do with adjusting, but particularly layer two dyads/chords in bar 24 and 26.  Just in general they look quite messy at the moment is my thinking.
-Accents on the last chord in bar 14 and bar 16?  Also the ties on the lowest notes in those chords need adjusting I think.
-You've already mentioned it but yeah the octave clef should be changed.

Notes look good to me, nice job!  (And thanks for reminding me about this game haha.)

Latios212

Haha thanks and no problem :P

I've changed the clef and made a few minor adjustments to the ties, but I don't think the notes in 14/16 warrant accents.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Static

My first thought upon listening was Sunshade lol

Some things:
  • m14, 16 RH beat 3.5: I feel like this chord is missing some of the color of the original; I think there should be an E natural (maybe put it in the LH above the G). It looks like throughout the sheet you're trying to be consistent kinda with what voices you're using, but if there's a note that makes a chord (especially a held one) more interesting, I think that note should probably be included.
  • m20, 22 LH: You beam across beats 1 and 2 here, but nowhere else.

Neat sheet.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on May 11, 2019, 05:31:24 PMMy first thought upon listening was Sunshade lol
Haha yeah that opening bass riff is similar!

I updated the sheet as per your comments. The beaming in measures 20/22 was a mistake, and for measures 14/16 I had originally not liked the sound of the major second between the D and En (the En being moved up an octave from the original for reachability) but I've since changed my mind and added it back in. I also aligned the triplets with the swung eighths in m. 8 and 10, which I forgot to do before.

Thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot