TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Doublepost but whatever.

Why don't we put the host sign ups in the middle of a game, so when a game ends, player sign ups happen and it saves on time?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SocialFox on November 30, 2012, 11:53:29 PMDoublepost but whatever.

Why don't we put the host sign ups in the middle of a game, so when a game ends, player sign ups happen and it saves on time?
That actually might be a somewhat good idea in some cases...

However, for some people, it might not work due to schedule changes.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Because I didnt make that same suggestion about a month ago ::)

spitllama

^^^ I was wondering what happened after that. We put the sign up thread up early for one game and then never did it again.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

Because half a game isn't enough time to make balanced games, Players don't want to focus on voting for/making games they like and playing games at the same time, and it's generally too hassling overall, I feel.
It would also be possible to make Sign Ups near a game's end, but that would be difficult to implement (unless we did something like make a Host Sign up on Night 4 or something, but the middle of a game in regard to length can always vary), because it would imply that there's a likely victor while a game is going on and cause Players to change their opinions, which would be unfair to the winning team.
If you want to try out the "Make Host Sign Ups during Night 4 or so" thing, we could do so tentatively.  I still think our current system is fine as it is, but I'm willing to see if this works out differently from past experiences if enough people want to try it.

Yugi

Quote from: SocialFox on November 26, 2012, 12:41:40 AMTWG :The Chunin Exams

Orochimaru (Wolf face stealer): Seered red, but on any night can send in a PM, when the wolfing happens, it negates any guard and reviving abilities and Orochimaru "becomes" that person, stealing that persons colour and role (that player also dies) Can also, in any phase, send in a PM with someone's name, if that player is the Third Hokage, he/she dies.

Kabuto (Master Wolf Reviver): Can revive one player. Can send in a Pm in any phase with the name of a player , if that player is Kakashi, that player dies.

Gaara (Brutal Wolf) : Does'nt know his partners, sends in a Pm with the name of a player each phase, if that player is Rock Lee, that player dies.

Third Hokage: Vigi

Kakashi: Seer

Rock Lee: Negation Human

8x Genin (Humans)

1x Naruto (Due to being a jinduruki, he is seered red)

Could someone please balance this?

Waddle Bro

First of all, 15 players is too much since me and Maestro won't play this.

Orochimaru: He should be red, just to avoid any confusion. Erase this:
Quoteand Orochimaru "becomes" that person, stealing that persons colour and role (that player also dies)

Omanyte: Make him a normal Master Wolf, but keep his Kakashi ability. He/She just revives a wolf and game over. Another option is that Aerodactyl can choose will one randomly chosen player be revived in some point.

Gaara: He/She should know his partners, and make the Rock Lee ability one-time use, like the others.

Rock Lee: Is he a guard? I don't get what "Negation Human" does. ??? If he's a guard, keep it that way. If not, make him a guard.

Take away 3 Genins, and this should be okay.

Yugi

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2012, 12:44:01 AMFirst of all, 15 players is too much since me and Maestro won't play this.
I could probably prove to you both that I can be a good boy before I even get the chance to host, but I see your point.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2012, 12:44:01 AMOrochimaru: He should be red, just to avoid any confusion. Erase this:
Done and Done.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2012, 12:44:01 AMOmanyte: Make him a normal Master Wolf, but keep his Kakashi ability. He/She just revives a wolf and game over. Another option is that Aerodactyl can choose will one randomly chosen player be revived in some point.
I was thinking of different ways to use the revive ability. Like reviving a Human lynched by an insta or reviving someone random to skew the numbers.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2012, 12:44:01 AMGaara: He/She should know his partners, and make the Rock Lee ability one-time use, like the others.
Done.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2012, 12:44:01 AMRock Lee: Is he a guard? I don't get what "Negation Human" does. ??? If he's a guard, keep it that way. If not, make him a guard.
A Negation person is a person who can send in a PM at night and stop that power from happening, but I turned him into a guard.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2012, 12:44:01 AMTake away 3 Genins, and this should be okay.
Genin is singular and plural, like sheep and sheep.

Toby

Waddle, how do you know so much about twg already? You only started like a month ago and your already balancing games, I'm so confused.

Waddle Bro

MaestroUGC

This is an easy game to learn, most people just refuse to read before playing.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Exactly. It also helps a lot if you look how the past games have gone.

Kman96

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 08, 2012, 03:34:17 AMThis is an easy game to learn, most people just refuse to read before playing.
Isn't that ALWAYS the case with like, everything? I don't read instruction manuals before playing video games....but I would suggest reading these rules. I only skimmed them my first time, and there are a few things that aren't covered in the rules as well as they could be. Maybe we could do like a revision of the rules, and add/take away things as needed.

To ward away confusion.
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Here's a rule that might need a little clarification:
Quote9. In the event of a tie vote, a Knife in Box (KiB)[KitB] situation occurs. A KitB situation is defined by one of the two tied players randomly getting wolfed or lynched, as determined by random.org or other means.
If no lynching votes are made, a KitB will happen. However, if no wolfing votes are made, no one is wolfed that Night. That confused me first(somehow).