TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 03, 2012, 08:30:30 PMI have a question...
Would it be possible to have a new role in a game, like, for an example: a wolf that, when lynched (only applies when lynched), "transfers" the role over to a selected human player (there would be certain roles that are immune, in which case the power wouldn't work)?
That role has been used over here.
Look at Minecraft.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SocialFox on November 03, 2012, 08:40:13 PMThat role has been used over here.
Look at Minecraft.
The difference is that this ability would only apply after death, when lynched (was that the same with the other one, though?). The players would take on the role of the lynched player, minus the power.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

TWG XL: The Subspace Emissary

Bowser: Possesses a Dark Cannon that he can use to convert any character into trophy form once per night phase. When in trophy form, character's votes count for 0. Characters will not be notified if they are in trophy form. If a character is hit while in trophy form, they will die.
Ganondorf: Possesses a Dark Cannon.
Wario: Possesses a Dark Cannon.
Tabuu: Master wolf. Cannot be killed until Bowser, Ganondorf and Wario have died. Cannot be trophied. If lynched before the other three wolves are dead, a random player who voted for Tabuu will die instead. Gains a vigi power when Bowser, Ganondorf and Wario have died (not counted as trophying). Also, knows the other wolves' identities, but may not reveal himself to them in any way.

King Dedede: Can give a character a Dedede Brooch each night phase. The phase after this character is first trophied (or the next phase if the character is currently in trophy form), the character will revive from trophy form. This extends to reviving a character who is trophied twice (although they will still be in trophy form). Will fail on dead players, wolves, and himself.
Lucario: Can use its aura sight to investigate a player each night phase.
ROB: Miller.
Falco: If a wolf attempts to trophy him, their Dark Cannon will be destroyed. This only works once.
Mario: Can detrophy any live player once. If used on a player who is not trophied, the power is wasted.
Link: See Mario.
Samus: See Mario.
Marth: See Mario.
Snake: See Mario.
Sonic: If he votes for Tabuu, he disables Tabuu's Brutal effect. The first attempt to trophy him will fail.

Is this balanced? :P

BlackDragonSlayer

The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a specific route, highlighting the major natural features.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Gialux: Wolf
3: Ryu-jin: Infective "oni" wolf. In the case that Ryu-jin is lynched, the player sends a PM to the host, "passing" the role on to another player. If the player is a wolf or tour guide, the power does not take effect. Is the only wolf who does not know his teammates.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
4: Tour Guide 1: Guardian; can guard one player per night, excluding self.
5: Tour Guide 2: Seer.
6: Tour Guide 3: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red human is left in the game at the end of every day phase. This excludes the "revived" Ryu-jin.
7: Tourist: Human.
8: Tourist: Human.
9: Tourist: Human.
10: Tourist: Human.
11: Tourist: Human.
12: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Any suggestions/improvements?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

Is it possible for the humans to win without any of the specials living until the end of the game?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on November 03, 2012, 11:47:27 PMIs it possible for the humans to win without any of the specials living until the end of the game?
Yes, although it might be difficult, especially without the seer or guardian.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Game.
TWG: The Decisive Battle.

Terra
Locke
Edgar
Sabin
Celes
Shadow
Mog
Setzer
Gau
Gogo
Umaro
Strago
Relm

Wrexsoul is the wolf, he will randomly possess a player, that person becoming a wolf. If Wrexsoul is Lynched, he possesses another player.
If Wrexsoul is lynched 4 times, or three times in a row. Humans win.
If 6 non Wrexsoul deaths in a row, or if Wrexsoul is is one of the final two, he wins.

Problems with this.

Greg

So this was inspired by Maestro's game/Homestuck, putting it here for future reference in case I actually decide to do something with it.

Another Botched Sburb Session

3x Wolf
9x Human

Every player will receive a randomly shuffled canon Title and Aspect. The titles are Heir, Page, Prince, Bard, Witch, Mage, Seer, Knight, Sylph, Thief, Rogue, and Maid. The aspects are Breath, Hope, Heart, Rage, Space, Doom, Light, Time, Mind, Life, Void, and Blood. You might receive any combination of these titles and aspects, but no two people will receive the same title or aspect.

At any time during the game, you may CHOOSE A POWER that fits your title and aspect. For instance, if you are a Prince of Life (Prince is a title relating to destruction), you might tell me that you would like a vigilante power. Once a power is chosen, I will decide how powerful it is based on how well it fits your title/aspect combination and how innately powerful the ability is. Then you will have the option to either accept the power, or change. Powers can be as complex or as simple as you like, and the more specific they are to your title/aspect, the better.
Once you have chosen a power, you will NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE, so think carefully before accepting a power.
To determine how well the powers fit the title/aspects, I will be using the SBURB GLITCH FAQ as a reference (which is full of non-canon stuff but whatever). Of particular interest are the Aspect chapters (listed in the table of contents), the first section of chapter 4, and chapters 26, 58, 59, and 69.

I've got a couple of concerns with this game design: mainly that it could advantage people who read Homestuck too much, and that there might be some totally worthless title/aspect combination. Also the required reading. :P

Yugi

Greg

Jub's game was completely different, silly.

Yugi

You said it was based of Maestros game when it was Jub's game you based it off.

Greg

Well, I sort of based it off the "asking for powers" mechanic.

FSM-Reapr

I gave Waddle Bro permission to host any of my games when I'm gone.

Yugi

Fsm Banned me unfairly from his future games.

I HAVE RIGHTS!!!!!!

MaestroUGC

Any host can deny any player they want, if they have a good reason. If you have an issue with this talk to FSM about it. If you need somebody to mediate I'm sure a TWC Member (or Bird) won't mind.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.