News:

You just won the game. You can rest easy now.

Main Menu

TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Zunawe on October 22, 2012, 06:41:44 PMWhat if all pokemon were listed at once, and each player voted for the pokemon they wanted with the ball they wanted. All votes would be anonymous, and if there's a tie between players, one is randomly chosen. Unwanted pokemon would then be distributed randomly.
^I like this

vermilionvermin

K-Night's spot is open for the current TWG.  PM me if you're interested.

FSM-Reapr

TWG: The Pokemon League

The game's universal effect: Items and Cardflip
In the player sign-ups, 72 Pokemon will be told in a list. Each player will be given 6 Balls;
1 Master Ball
1 Ultra Ball
2 Great Balls
2 Poke Balls
Pokemon have special powers told in the description. EX: Smeragle, can paint a person once.
Each player will get a total of 6 Pokemon. In order to get the 6 Pokemon and sign in the game you need to post the "in" as usual and send a PM to the host with 6 Pokemon and the Balls you want to catch them. HOWEVER, if another player throws a Ball that has a better catch rate(Poke<Great<Ultra<Master) that player will get that Pokemon. Meaning the player's Ball will be wasted. If there are two same type of Balls on a Pokemon, the player who gets the Pokemon is chosen randomly. The loser wastes his/her Ball. All the Pokemon that get nobody chose, will randomly be given to people with 5 Pokemon or less so that every player has a total of 6 Pokemon. Players can trade their Pokemon with other players. In order to trade, both players have to approach the host by PM and tell what Pokemon they get, give and with who.

After all 12 players have signed in, the games begins and the roles and Pokemon will be given. You can use your Pokemon as items as many times as the Pokemon description tells. EX: "Smeragle, can paint a player once" After a Pokemon is no longer usable, it will faint.
A player can only use one Pokemon/phase.
A player can trade only one Pokemon in the entire game. You cannot trade fainted Pokemon.

The Rivals(Wolves):

1. Rival
2. Rival
3. Rival

The wolves don't know eachother.

The Trainers(Humans):

4. Trainer
5. Trainer
6. Trainer
7. Trainer
8. Trainer
9. Trainer
10. Trainer
11. Trainer
12. Trainer

TWC and Bird will get the list of Pokemon soon as possible.

BTW why Bird isn't a part of TWC? He's the best.

Edit: Changed the trading mechanic.

Waddle Bro

Hi "FSM". :D I made it in.

Also, when will the next host sign-ups be? I wanna play! :)

Bubbles

Host sign ups announce the polls for a new game idea, and arent really for new players. When the host sign ups are opened, people eligible to host the game post their ideas in the thread, and everyone votes on which game they want to play. After that the winner opens a Player Sign-up Thread. When that happens, you post In into that thread, and you are sucessfully in the game! (Sorry if you knew that already :P)
Right now theres a game going on, so youre welcome to watch that to get a feel for how the game is played. Im not sure when this game will be over but they usually dont last too long.

FSM-Reapr

lol Bubbles, he does know how this works. A+++++++++ for the effort though. I'm pretty sure he meant that can we open the host sign-ups earlier than after the game.

Bro(oh the irony), if you have questions you can PM me or TWC(=mods). Happy to see you.

Zunawe

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 27, 2012, 09:46:27 AMBro(oh the irony), if you have questions you can PM me or TWC(=mods) or Bird. Happy to see you.
Fixed
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

TWC and Bird, have you progressed in improving my game?

the_last_sheikah

So because everyone gets pissed when the game starts and people WO stalk and their wolf arguments are "they sent a/looked at a message", I propose that those people should receive a phantom every time they use that as an argument, or some other host determined punishment.  Thoughts?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on October 31, 2012, 03:45:19 PMSo because everyone gets pissed when the game starts and people WO stalk and their wolf arguments are "they sent a/looked at a message", I propose that those people should receive a phantom every time they use that as an argument, or some other host determined punishment.  Thoughts?
YES. I would have to agree.

A better punishment, in my opinion, might be to remove their vote for that one phase?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Although stalking the online list is annoying, there's no reason you should be able to catch a wolf through it. If you're a human and you get caught sending a PM, you should have a reasonable explanation for it. And if you're a wolf and you get caught sending a PM, you're probably not a very good wolf. Everybody knows how prevalent online list stalking is. Instead of whining, people should adapt. There are numerous ways to avoid incrimination when sending a PM and several alternatives to sending a PM altogether:
  • Communicate through email
  • Check the who's online list prior to sending a message, to make sure nobody is watching it
  • Set yourself to appear offline or hidden
  • Send two messages at once - one non-incriminating one to a friend, and one TWG related one. If people call you out, post the friendly one
I don't really see a reason to ban something that's so easy to avoid. And once people begin adapting to the situation, who's online stalking will become less effective and fewer people will use it anyway. The only rule change I might suggest is for hosts to provide their email addresses to give players a way to contact the host without using PMs.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on October 31, 2012, 03:59:03 PMAlthough stalking the online list is annoying, there's no reason you should be able to catch a wolf through it. If you're a human and you get caught sending a PM, you should have a reasonable explanation for it. And if you're a wolf and you get caught sending a PM, you're probably not a very good wolf. Everybody knows how prevalent online list stalking is. Instead of whining, people should adapt. There are numerous ways to avoid incrimination when sending a PM and several alternatives to sending a PM altogether:
  • Communicate through email
  • Check the who's online list prior to sending a message, to make sure nobody is watching it
  • Set yourself to appear offline or hidden
  • Send two messages at once - one non-incriminating one to a friend, and one TWG related one. If people call you out, post the friendly one
I don't really see a reason to ban something that's so easy to avoid. And once people begin adapting to the situation, who's online stalking will become less effective and fewer people will use it anyway. The only rule change I might suggest is for hosts to provide their email addresses to give players a way to contact the host without using PMs.
1: Some people don't want to use email.

2: I agree with the sending two messages at once, although people would just as quickly catch onto that, if you're suspiciously sending PMs all the time only during games.

3: Adapting works for both "sides."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

Just set yourself to hidden. It's pretty easy and permanent.

Bird

If you don't want to use email, you'll just have to be extra cautious when sending messages.

And this isn't really something very common around here, but on another forum I've been on, instant messengers are really common, and make games a bit more fun. It would be neat to see a game where people have a lot of 1-on-1 conversations with each other. It's also a great way for wolves to communicate (as well as make fake conversations allowing people to think they're human).

Finally, there is already a rule in place allowing hosts to prevent people from playing their games. If you really don't want a notorious PM stalker in your game, you have the option to prevent them from joining.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Yugi

The only reason I look on Who's online is to see if anyone's posting.