TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

When a Player is Insta'd, should he/she be permitted to continue posting in the topic until the Host posts?
Discuss.

I feel that the Player shouldn't be permitted to, but I would like to receive input from others before actually coming to a final decision about this.

SlowPokemon

Only if no one has announced the insta/realized it yet. :P it's always been that you can. I think yes, you should be able to. But my second option would be only if they legitimately have not noticed the insta yes (along with everyone else).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

master_gamer38

I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to talk more. They have been decidedly lynched. But they have yet to be lynched. It's that time of knowing they will die, just not quite yet. They of course cannot reveal any new information however. So it can be discussed further. If the host is timely, there shouldn't be much of an issue.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Jub3r7

I was asking this question because if someone were to mention "sorry for lynching you, it would've looked suspicious if I didn't, I'm a wolf too" right after making it an insta, and the other person wasn't actually a wolf, then the real wolf would be screwed over.

edit: Would it help lazy people to put a Q&A in the first post of the thread?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

Should we make our next game a Manhunt and promote thread activity (for the time being) rather than chat activity?

Discuss.

master_gamer38

The problem with a manhunt is that balancing is difficult with the number of players that we have available.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

askalice23

We have to make the game intresting again and enjoyable to play. If we look back at the original games on the site, you find that they were very intresting games to play. The hosts did a wonderful job with stories and keeping the players intrigued. If we can get back to the roots and get some of the old players back im sure we can revive this game.

Winter

The end of good TWG was DrP's game. We need storylines.

Mashi

We went over this a long time ago.  Quality >>>>>>>>> Storyline.
I'll see what I can do about a storyline next game though, if you're all persistent in receiving one.

askalice23

I realize quality over storyline but some people on the site kept coming back for the story even after they were killed... I agree a compelling story is nothing with an unbalanced bad game, however, I think if we incorporate a story people will be more opt to check the forums and read whats going on. Also it may attract new players.

vermilionvermin

I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in The Werewolf Game!  When is the next game?

I'm not really sure how good I'll be at the game.  Do you guys have any tips for me?

Mashi

TWG has been rather inactive lately, so we could always use new Players!
The next TWG should be up in a couple of days.  There will be Player Sign Ups (Which is where you post to join a game).  Don't be too concerned with your skill level; you're new, so you're permitted to make mistakes and you're bound to improve as you continue playing.  The only advice that I have is to read the rules, not to feel discouraged, and to learn from experience.

I hope to see you in TWGs in the near future!

davy

My tip would be: read through some other TWG's (especially the early ones). You'll get a great idee what to do if you view them.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mashi

Whirr to me:
Quote from: Wrydryn on January 06, 2012, 12:21:43 PMWhen did this change? When I played with kotor and jake it was decided to not talk about the game irl period. We figured this on the fact of people not being able to keep a straight face or just general give aways in discussion.

Me to Whirr:
QuoteAlthough it's true that some people are unable to do keep straight faces when lying, it's not often the case.  A good deal of people are capable of discussing a TWG without giving away too much.  There's also the fact that most people probably wouldn't discuss much in real life aside from basic and perhaps trite conversation due to the lack of recording (Which could be used as proof) features.

But nevertheless, I understand the caution taken from the premise of your argument and will put it up for discussion.

Discuss.