TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

Just saying, but this game is on track to break the record for longest game in terms of number of pages.  8)
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

Just saying, but this game was also made by Bird and I!!!

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

I was just showing off. ;)

You're super coll for being the Host of the longest game though!!!

blueflower999

That's because Mashi keeps double posting.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bird

I have a question.

Why are replacement players penalized by the phantoms of the people they're replacing?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

spitllama

Imo, a replacement is supposed to be as fluid as possible and not affect the game at all. To carry over phantoms would keep the replacement as unnoticeable as possible (mechanics-wise).
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

I had been thinking about this since Doodle replaced K-NiGhT as well.  I concur with Bird in that I believe that the replacement shouldn't be penalised for the (lack of) actions by the replaced party.  I would like other Players to post their own thoughts on this, however, before formalising any final decisions.

MaestroUGC

I think it depends on way the player was replaced. If it's just for inactivity then the phatom count should be wiped clean, but only if they prove to be active in the sense of actual contribution. The replacement should prove sufficient activity to the host and (s)he'll decide whether or not to remove phantoms and how many.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

When the players substitute for another player that has phantoms, the phantoms are already part of the game. The people substituting are aware that they have phantoms, and they still want to play anyway. If anything you should change it so if they enter at the end of a day phase, if they get a phantom for that phase it doesnt count.

vermilionvermin

Maybe it's because I'm biased as a wolf in the most recent game, but I do think they should carry over to the new player.  I'm of the opinion that the new spot must fully take over for the old.  If a player gets caught sending a PM, constantly bandwagons, and is seered red, them replacing out doesn't change how suspicious they are.  Likewise, I don't think that a player replacing out should change the number of phantoms that player has on them.  For example, in Snakes on a Plane, I lobbied for Spyro's lynch over Dude's because the spot had two phantoms on it.  Theoretically, if Dude could replace out and eliminate those phantom votes, the wolves would be punished.

The only major issue would be if the player had two phantoms and the replacement got a third, which I think would require a slight addendum to the rules.  A player shouldn't be instantly killed and banned for a game because they got a single phantom.

Bird

Quote from: vermilionvermin on September 10, 2012, 07:02:35 PMMaybe it's because I'm biased as a wolf in the most recent game, but I do think they should carry over to the new player.  I'm of the opinion that the new spot must fully take over for the old.  If a player gets caught sending a PM, constantly bandwagons, and is seered red, them replacing out doesn't change how suspicious they are.  Likewise, I don't think that a player replacing out should change the number of phantoms that player has on them.  For example, in Snakes on a Plane, I lobbied for Spyro's lynch over Dude's because the spot had two phantoms on it.  Theoretically, if Dude could replace out and eliminate those phantom votes, the wolves would be punished.

The only major issue would be if the player had two phantoms and the replacement got a third, which I think would require a slight addendum to the rules.  A player shouldn't be instantly killed and banned for a game because they got a single phantom.
I don't think the situations are at all comparable. The only reason phantoms exist are to dissuade people from not voting, not to give wolves and players clever voting tactics. If a player hasn't not voted, I don't think they shouldn't be punished for not voting.

the_last_sheikah

What if a day inactive wolf comes along, and gets a replacement?  Now the wolves still have a player, but no repercussions if the new player didn't get the phantoms.

Bird

I just don't think that players will abuse the system that way. What's the point of helping your team win if it means leaving your team?

spitllama

My PM inbox always feels so empty once a TWG ends :(
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012