TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

That sounds cool. I think I understand. So if someone doesn't have any good ideas for a game, they can use one that we've done before?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: spitllama on July 06, 2012, 11:02:33 AMI decided to do Uprising because Slow called me brah because the mechanics of the game really worked better with that theme. Promise- Kingdom Hearts next time.

Why is brah bad? D:
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Are there more people that have been waiting to host for a long time other than davy? I've been under the impression that the only people waiting are those that haven't found time to host anyhow.

If I'm just oblivious and that is an issue, you should definitely encourage/require them to host old TWGs. I'd be concerned about what happens when none of the proposed games are popular. Then we just have more disappointed would-be hosts like poor davy :(

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 06, 2012, 08:20:27 PMWhy is brah bad? D:

It's not. I just needed to make it your fault :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Kman96

The tables have turned and I am able to host again...I really hate what's happened to Davy's game...I really actually thought more people would sign up...but I guess not.

I am slightly ungrounded, basically, but since there is a week less than there was before, I would still need a cohost. Just putting that in there...
Party Hard!
[close]

K-NiGhT

I'm interested in hosting. I have a game almost ready.

Kman96

Mashiiiiiiii, we need executive decision hereeeeeeeee.
Party Hard!
[close]

Mashi

I think that I'll make a Host Resign Ups thread and have everyone revote.
Really sorry, davy. :(
I think that I'll implement the idea I last posted here so that people like you can have a chance to host in the following Sign Ups.

Spyro

So, I got a question.

Do you have to reveal the roles in the Host Game thread? Seriously, I feel it makes for not so fun roleclaims, and it seems to make the game worse IMO.

Also, I still don't get why roles aren't revealed. I know, card-flipping, yeah, but than how are you supposed to know if you're winning or not?

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Spyro on July 23, 2012, 03:17:14 PMSo, I got a question.

Do you have to reveal the roles in the Host Game thread? Seriously, I feel it makes for not so fun roleclaims, and it seems to make the game worse IMO.

Also, I still don't get why roles aren't revealed. I know, card-flipping, yeah, but than how are you supposed to know if you're winning or not?
If the roles aren't revealed in the host thread, there will be no way to tell if the game was balanced or not. It would also completely change the way claims work. Say there was no seer, but a wolf claimed seer. No one would counterclaim, therefore tilting the game in favor of the wolves.

As for the second, say there's a reviver/reviver item. If a wolf got it, they would want to revive a fallen wolf. The humans would already know that person was a wolf, and therefore lynch them.
I like food.

Mashi

You can send me the game you have in mind and I can approve of it to verify that it's balanced.  Then you can post it in Host Sign Ups as a Mystery Game.  Only problem would be that I wouldn't be able to join, but I won't mind that if people want to play it.

And it takes away from strategy that differentiates TWG and Mafia.  Part of the reason Roles aren't revealed are because it adds an extra layer of challenge and mystery.  It also provides Wolves a way to lynch Humans without being caught, as well as penalises Humans for not being cognizant of the chance that Humans were lynched rather than Wolves.  To put things simply, the idea is not to define who's winning by revealing Roles.

Bubbles

I have a suggestion. Should the host signups start before the current game is over, so that way as soon as the current game's post game is made the next game's player sign ups could start?

Nakah

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 29, 2012, 01:19:44 PMI have a suggestion. Should the host signups start before the current game is over, so that way as soon as the current game's post game is made the next game's player sign ups could start?

Yes, I think this would be acceptable and would help speed along the process if everyone(or the majority) agrees upon it.

K-NiGhT

Can someone post a link to the chat somewhere where its easy to access? Or at least tell them to change the link on the news. I found my problem.

Mashi

I'll edit it into the first post in this topic.
Also, does this mean that you won't be replaced by Doodle or...?

K-NiGhT

I'm definitely gonna continue. for the rest of this game, at least.