Game: Balloon Kid
Console: Game Boy
Title: Stage Clear
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Alessio Corrias

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

*Ahem* Here comes some prior knowledge...

I hate to bring this up, but Hello Kitty World is a Famicom port of Balloon Kid, a Game Boy platformer spin-off to Balloon Fight. The original song is "Stage Clear" (I'm sorry, but you need to stop titling your sheets as "Track #"):

As a matter of fact, I did this sheet myself in a full game OST project I did a couple years ago: Balloon Kid - Stage Clear.zip

So, I'll leave it up to you and the updaters to decide what to do. It's essentially the same song, so what I'd personally do is try again on this and arrange it under the Game Boy game instead. Up to you.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Ok, so we can add it as Hello Kitty World OST does not go against your arrangement

Latios212

They sound like the same notes to me. In that case this should be listed as "Stage Clear" from Balloon Fight, as Levi mentioned.

I can help grab that and miscellaneous formatting things later.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

I didn't understand exactly what to do. however I think it should also be credited as Kirby, if someone looked for this title they would not find it

Latios212

This should be "Stage Clear", listed under Balloon Kid.

As Levi mentioned, Hello Kitty World is a port of Balloon Kid, with the same music.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

so if anyone in the world (as I did) were looking for the Hello Kitty World score, wouldn't you find it?

Latios212

Anyone else have an opinion? Even though it's technically correct as is, I still would prefer this to be listed under Balloon Kid as that is the original (and presumably more recognizable) source.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I agree with you and Levi: I think this should be listed under Balloon Kid for the reasons already stated.  If people are looking for the Hello Kitty World music then they should work out that the music is the same as Balloon Kid's and look there instead.  That's what makes most sense to me, anyway.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on April 03, 2019, 03:44:34 PMI agree with you and Levi: I think this should be listed under Balloon Kid for the reasons already stated.  If people are looking for the Hello Kitty World music then they should work out that the music is the same as Balloon Kid's and look their instead.  That's what makes most sense to me, anyway.
where and how do they understand that it is the same music? it is you who must insert a link that redirects to the original version of the video game.

JacopoTore

Quote from: JacopoTore on April 03, 2019, 03:58:08 PMwhere and how do they understand that it is the same music? it is you who must insert a link that redirects to the original version of the video game.
Or an "alias" "aka" title.
Not all people search the same way. Your site is a (wonderful) service and must work optimally for any type of user.
In such a way as to waste time for users but also for administrators as in this case.

LeviR.star

Jacopo, no offense, but your sheets are among some of the most obscure songs that get submitted to this site. In the rare case that someone will be looking for this song, they're not going to be thinking of it as "Track 4" from Hello Kitty World; they're going to be thinking of it as "Stage Clear" from Balloon Kid. Consider this:

Balloon Kid is a spin-off to a very well-known Nintendo game, released on one of the most popular handhelds of all time, with a soundtrack written by Nintendo music legend Hirokazu Tanaka, who composed songs for games like Metroid, Tetris, and the Mother games. This game got not only a remake on the Game Boy Color (just like The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening), but also was re-released on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Now, Hello Kitty World is a port of the same game released only in Japan for the Family Computer (which, at the time, had already begun to age, what with the Super Famicom out for nearly 2 years) with the only major change being the replacement of Alice with Hello Kitty, a cartoon character really only majorly popular in Japan (and aimed at preadolescent girls). Granted, this may be the first version of Balloon Kid to be released in Japan at all, but its development had little, if not no involvement whatsoever with the original staff.

It is important that you research these games before you post sheets for them. Mr. Tanaka composed this song for Balloon Kid, and therefore I think it's only appropriate that you respect his work and arrange it under its original title.

TL;DR - Hello Kitty World didn't have a new soundtrack, so there's no point in giving the game its own space on the site. I'm sorry.

I'm getting tired of re-explaining this in-depth as I can, because communication in these submissions seems to only be getting worse. Updaters, if I were you, I'd just edit the submission yourselves.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

I understand that you are tired because you have replied to something I did not ask again. If it can help you, I tell you that I understand what you mean by your answer so you can stop repeating the same things and rest. Instead I thought it was useful to insert a link in the list of video games that had the name and title of Hello Kitty but that had a hyperlink to the score already present and duly written by our arranger (you can insert a note to justify the reason for the redirection ). I realized that our arrangement is useless and will not be inserted nor replaced to the existing one because mine is a proposal that concerns the site, not the score. I hope my proposal is clear and that no one is tired

Latios212

I think I understand your suggestion, but allowing for sheets to be listed under multiple titles/games (or creating some sort of linking system to do so) is not currently supported by the site's infrastructure right now. If you would like to make a suggestion to do so, you can post on the Feedback board and we can decide if it's feasible for us to try and work out.

But as the site stands right now, sheets should be listed under their track's original/most prevalent release, of which this is not. Doing so allows us to keep everything organized - imagine if we arbitrarily listed some Super Mario Galaxy tracks under Super Mario Galaxy 2, for instance. That would cause the site to be less organized.

Please change the title and game. Once again, I'm offering to do it for you.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle