[SNES] Wario's Woods - "Versus" by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, March 27, 2019, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NineLives

Quote from: Latios212 on April 30, 2019, 05:44:35 PMAh you guys are giving me conflicting information - do either of you have a source for the composer info (i.e. if there was shared music between both versions of the game)?
Here's what I went off of. 0:38

Latios212

Okay, that seems reasonable enough! Updated once again.

@Levi - let me know if you're sure that this is incorrect.

(Reiterating approval)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I think the fifth note in the left hand of bars 13 and 15 is still a G rather than an A.  Other than that small thing this looks great!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on May 04, 2019, 10:16:34 AM@Levi - let me know if you're sure that this is incorrect.

At this point, I'm not sure. But I will point out that the NES version, while being the last officially licensed NES game in North America, was released before the SNES version was in any region. Given that this theme appears in both versions, and bears resemblance to Oka's work, I would guess that the composers listed for the SNES version were involved with composing new themes and/or re-programming the tunes for the SNES hardware.

I'd rather have someone else weigh in with their opinion.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on May 05, 2019, 04:52:20 PMI think the fifth note in the left hand of bars 13 and 15 is still a G rather than an A.  Other than that small thing this looks great!
Ah yes good catch.

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 05, 2019, 05:03:19 PMAt this point, I'm not sure. But I will point out that the NES version, while being the last officially licensed NES game in North America, was released before the SNES version was in any region. Given that this theme appears in both versions, and bears resemblance to Oka's work, I would guess that the composers listed for the SNES version were involved with composing new themes and/or re-programming the tunes for the SNES hardware.

I'd rather have someone else weigh in with their opinion.
Alright, yeah I see what you mean. That is weird. Since we don't really know, I'd just err on the side of crediting all four. Unless there are any objections I'll update the files with the abovementioned fixes.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot