News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Kothund's Submissions

Started by Kothund, July 29, 2008, 05:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Also the pieces are exactly the same, there's no tempo difference that I can hear.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Marioguy:

1) For one thing, the reason nobody has responded to your question is that this sounds INCREDIBLY trivial.  Both have miniscule differences that no one would notice.

2) It sounds pretty rude to say 'come on people' for something like this.  If you play piano AT ALL, you should be able to listen to the music and rhythms and spot the differences.  You're asking us to set aside our valuable time to do something you could easily do yourself, and for something that sounds petty.  Care to tell us why it's so important?

As long as I'm typing this up, though, I might as well....

I just listened to the song.  About 40 seconds in, two wind instruments start weaving around each other.  The differences in Kothund's sheet are actually both acceptable, because in one sheet in that measure, it shows one woodwind's part, but on the other sheet, it shows the other wind.  That make sense?  They're technically both correct.

Brassman388

Stop striving for perfection and accuracy and just write the dang piece.

As long as it sounds correct and it's playable, then there's no need for it to be perfect. That's the sole purpose of an arrangement, it's YOUR interpretation.

Just something to ponder, mate.

SlowPokemon

I agree completely. A playable arrangement that sounds correct is much better than an arrangement that is perfectly accurate, but difficult to the point of ridiculousness.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

marioguy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 21, 2013, 09:34:14 AMMarioguy:

I just listened to the song.  About 40 seconds in, two wind instruments start weaving around each other.  The differences in Kothund's sheet are actually both acceptable, because in one sheet in that measure, it shows one woodwind's part, but on the other sheet, it shows the other wind.  That make sense?  They're technically both correct.
Thanks. I was justing wondering why he/she made two different versions of the same song and also which version was made first.

TheZeldaPianist275

Why was that so important?

marioguy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 21, 2013, 08:44:44 PMWhy was that so important?
Because I don't want to use a version that's fundamentally wrong. The difference in measure 16 really bothers me for some reason. I've decided to go with the version from Majora's Mask and see how that goes.

monkeybull223

the link isn't working for me.  i tried on Explorer, Chrome and FireFox and i got a server error everytime.  is that happening to anybody else?
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).

marioguy

Quote from: monkeybull223 on July 22, 2013, 11:33:24 AMthe link isn't working for me.  i tried on Explorer, Chrome and FireFox and i got a server error everytime.  is that happening to anybody else?
Megaupload was taken down over a year ago. Kothund's sheets are already on the site though.

I feel like Ralph from Oracle of Ages when he tells Link that Rafton completed his waterproof rope before he died and it's in his tomb in the present.