News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NES] Family Stadium - "Chance BGM" by Jacopo Tore & Jacopo Cat

Started by Zeta, March 01, 2019, 04:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Family Stadium
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Chance BGM
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Jacopo Cat

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

It would really help if you could post a link to the original.  This game seems pretty obscure and I'm having a hard time finding the exact piece.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on March 04, 2019, 12:03:26 AMIt would really help if you could post a link to the original.  This game seems pretty obscure and I'm having a hard time finding the exact piece.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Stadium

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on March 04, 2019, 12:03:26 AMIt would really help if you could post a link to the original.  This game seems pretty obscure and I'm having a hard time finding the exact piece.
I do not understand what do you mean for "original" anyway you can read some information in the wikipedia page and here
https://www.zophar.net/music/nintendo-nes-nsf/pro-yakyuu-family-stadium

Bobbythekid21

She meant the original song. She wants a link to YouTube or something else where she can listen to the original version of "Track 3".
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

JacopoTore

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 05, 2019, 05:36:41 AMShe meant the original song. She wants a link to YouTube or something else where she can listen to the original version of "Track 2".
I have the .nsf original song

Libera

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on March 05, 2019, 05:36:41 AMShe meant the original song. She wants a link to YouTube or something else where she can listen to the original version of "Track 2".

Yes this is what I meant.  I don't really mind in what format, but I need access to the actual song otherwise I can't check it for accuracy.  If you put a link on dropbox or some other kind of link, that would be appreciated.

Edit: Sorry I was checking on my phone; it looks like you have given a link to the original, so thanks!  I'll check this tonight when I get home.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on March 05, 2019, 06:03:47 AMYes this is what I meant.  I don't really mind in what format, but I need access to the actual song otherwise I can't check it for accuracy.  If you put a link on dropbox or some other kind of link, that would be appreciated.
if you need to listen you can click play on Track 3
if you need the .nsf file you need to clarely ask me
thanks

Libera

Nice and simple stuff here, just two things:

-The notes seem shorter in the original so I'd either make all the note lengths into quavers or place staccatos on the longer note lengths.
-The right and left hands are colliding in the first bar so I'd use brackets to show that more clearly.

Other than those things it looks good to me.

LeviR.star

Might I suggest finding the actual name for "Track 3"?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 05, 2019, 09:26:28 AMMight I suggest finding the actual name for "Track 3"?

Yeah it's a good point.  I had a little look and the best I can find is a youtube video calling it 'Chance BGM'.  If anyone can find something better than that, feel free.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on March 05, 2019, 09:18:23 AMNice and simple stuff here, just two things:

-The notes seem shorter in the original so I'd either make all the note lengths into quavers or place staccatos on the longer note lengths.
-The right and left hands are colliding in the first bar so I'd use brackets to show that more clearly.

Other than those things it looks good to me.
I do not think that a decrescendo should be written using the staccato. I do not hear staccato. I hear slegato like I wrote.
I add brackets

Libera

You've put 'Change BGM' rather than what I said, which was 'Chance BGM'.

Quote from: JacopoTore on March 06, 2019, 05:09:58 AMI do not think that a decrescendo should be written using the staccato. I do not hear staccato. I hear slegato like I wrote.

I never mentioned anything about a decrescendo.  I still think it would be better with the notes more detached.

Also with the brackets, more the right bracket on the first note a bit more to the write so its not colliding with the dot on that note.  (That being said if you made those notes shorter like I'm suggesting, it wouldn't be a problem anymore.)

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on March 06, 2019, 11:20:28 AMYou've put 'Change BGM' rather than what I said, which was 'Chance BGM'.

I never mentioned anything about a decrescendo.  I still think it would be better with the notes more detached.

Also with the brackets, more the right bracket on the first note a bit more to the write so its not colliding with the dot on that note.  (That being said if you made those notes shorter like I'm suggesting, it wouldn't be a problem anymore.)
The decrescendo is in the music not in your words.
As you can see the first note is a quarter,
the fourth note idem,
probably the tublet could be written with some staccatos because the values are already quite short.
https://imgur.com/4DPgh5V

Libera

The way I hear it that's just a delay on the soundfont that they used.  Also if you look at the image that you sent, you can see that the sound suddenly drops after a short moment with each note.  That's the note itself stopping and then the effect takes over.  The best way I can see to represent that is with staccato notes on the piano with the natural reverb handling the rest.  Playing those phrases near full length or legato just sounds wrong to me.