News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - "The Beginning of Our Memory" by Latio

Started by Zeta, January 20, 2019, 04:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: The Beginning of Our Memory
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Theguysayhi

Yesss thank you so much for arranging this!!
Currently trying it out as I write this. I'll let you know right away if I find anything strange.

Libera

Interesting menu music for certain haha.

-The chord on the third beat of bar 11 sounds a bit more interesting than F major.  I'm hearing a G in there as well, and although I suppose it might be the G hanging over with the pedal, it seems more prominent than that. 
-Not hearing the A in the left hand dyad in bar 12, but I am hearing a D.  That would make it a G sus4 -> G progression which also makes more sense.
-I'm not 100% sure the bottom G in the chord on the third beat of bar 17 is there.  I can clearly hear the top one re-articulated, but I think the lower one might just be pedal.
-This again, I think the C in the left hand chord in bar 28 is just a holdover from the previous note.  This piece is littered with these G sus4 -> G resolutions and this seems like another of those.
-Kinda hard to hear, but I think the third note on beat two of the left hand of bar 36 is an Eb rather than a D.  It'd match with the contour of the second half of the bar as well.
-The rit in bar 41 sounds like it starts on beat two of bar 40 to me.
-I think the second Gb in the left hand of bar 44 might be re-articulated with the next quaver.
-The left hand in bar 45 just sounds like the low F to me rather than the Eb and F above.  They're there in the right hand part though.
-Change the dotted quaver rest in bar 18 to a quaver and semiquaver rest.
-Bar 42 onwards sounds like it's slower enough than the rest of the piece to warrant a direction saying as such.    (Also it'd help also deal with the fact that the rit in bar 41 currently has no end obvious end point.)

Notes are always a pain in these solo piano pieces, but the sheet looks really good.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on January 31, 2019, 05:19:00 PM-The chord on the third beat of bar 11 sounds a bit more interesting than F major.  I'm hearing a G in there as well, and although I suppose it might be the G hanging over with the pedal, it seems more prominent than that. 
Yeah, a bit hard to tell if it's just the G being held over but I think it sounds good re-striking it. Adjusted.

Quote from: Libera on January 31, 2019, 05:19:00 PM-Not hearing the A in the left hand dyad in bar 12, but I am hearing a D.  That would make it a G sus4 -> G progression which also makes more sense.
There's definitely an A there. But yeah, adding in the D; sounds fuller now.

Quote from: Libera on January 31, 2019, 05:19:00 PM-Kinda hard to hear, but I think the third note on beat two of the left hand of bar 36 is an Eb rather than a D.  It'd match with the contour of the second half of the bar as well.
I thought that was a bit odd too, but I'm quite sure it is a D. You can hear a bit of tension on that beat rather than the consonance the simple Cm chord gives.

Quote from: Libera on January 31, 2019, 05:19:00 PM-I think the second Gb in the left hand of bar 44 might be re-articulated with the next quaver.
I don't think so, it just sounds like single notes here.

Quote from: Libera on January 31, 2019, 05:19:00 PM-I'm not 100% sure the bottom G in the chord on the third beat of bar 17 is there.  I can clearly hear the top one re-articulated, but I think the lower one might just be pedal.
-This again, I think the C in the left hand chord in bar 28 is just a holdover from the previous note.  This piece is littered with these G sus4 -> G resolutions and this seems like another of those.
-The rit in bar 41 sounds like it starts on beat two of bar 40 to me.
-The left hand in bar 45 just sounds like the low F to me rather than the Eb and F above.  They're there in the right hand part though.
-Change the dotted quaver rest in bar 18 to a quaver and semiquaver rest.
-Bar 42 onwards sounds like it's slower enough than the rest of the piece to warrant a direction saying as such.    (Also it'd help also deal with the fact that the rit in bar 41 currently has no end obvious end point.)
Sounds good

I also added a tie in the pickup measure LH and adjusted the cross-staff notation in m. 14 after playing around with it on the piano some.

Files updated! Thanks for the feedback!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on January 31, 2019, 06:27:15 PMI thought that was a bit odd too, but I'm quite sure it is a D. You can hear a bit of tension on that beat rather than the consonance the simple Cm chord gives.

Sorry perhaps I wasn't very clear with what I meant.  This is what I meant:
You cannot view this attachment.

The rest looks good.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta