[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Miscellaneous Short Themes" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, December 10, 2018, 07:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khunjund

Quote from: FireArrow on January 02, 2019, 11:26:28 AMm26: idk, it's a fakeout chord and I'm not familiar enough with that kind of thing to know if G# or Ab matters. I'm leaning G# because since the third is omitted (a potential B sharp ew) the notes you're playing are a lot closer to your home key.

It doesn't have to be a B#. The implied harmony would be this:
Spoiler

[close]
I'd say it's just mode mixture; they borrowed the G# chord from the parallel major scale.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on January 01, 2019, 02:45:59 PM(Though take that with a grain of salt, I'm just looking at the PDF while sitting on a bus.)
Hey FireArrow, cut me some slack :P

Yeah looking at it again A# would definitely be better.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

nevahhh

Quote from: D3ath3657 on January 02, 2019, 12:38:58 PMIt doesn't have to be a B#. The implied harmony would be this:
Spoiler

[close]
I'd say it's just mode mixture; they borrowed the G# chord from the parallel major scale.

ah okay yeah, do this
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

LeviR.star

Had a bit of time to sit down and interpret all this

How's that?

P.S: Does everyone think the octave dyads in "No Return" can be played smooth and connected enough to match the original?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 13, 2019, 09:01:44 PMP.S: Does everyone think the octave dyads in "No Return" can be played smooth and connected enough to match the original?

If you're intending it without pedal there, I'm not sure I could.  It might be best to cut it down to just one octave at that part if you want the bass really connected.

A few more final things from me:

-Collapse of the Devil's Castle final chord I'm not hearing the D, but I am hearing an F#.
-Game over:  I really do think it is just three voices throughout.  Here's a transcription showing exactly what I can hear for the whole thing:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
The stuff in bar 1 you can leave out obviously since it's not very pianistic but I really don't think those higher octaves are there (and also note that the middle voice drops to an E on the final chord).

Everything else looks good to me.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 14, 2019, 03:50:04 PM-Game over:  I really do think it is just three voices throughout.  Here's a transcription showing exactly what I can hear for the whole thing:
You cannot view this attachment.

Before we go any further, I insist that I hear the topic octave that I have written in. I'm not sure why you guys don't, but I'm absolutely sure it's there. Someone help me out here.

Also, if someone could edit my submission tomorrow, I won't be here to do it.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

I'm going to err on the site of agreeing with Libera here. Listening to it a bit what I think is happening is that there are subtle high overtones an octave above the melody everywhere. So while yeah I think Levi you're correct in hearing those pitches at that octave, I feel like the main melody itself drops down instead of ascends and would be better written as Libera has it. It's always difficult trying to determine what octave register notes are in with organ-sounding music, but following the contour of how it sounds in the way Libera wrote it results in a good depiction of the original song.

About "No Return", it seems fine to me as is. And I agree with Libera's suggestion in Collapse.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 15, 2019, 07:33:15 PMAlso, if someone could edit my submission tomorrow, I won't be here to do it.

I have updated the files: just including the changes I mentioned in my previous post after checking them with Latios.

Approved!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot