[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - "Ema Skye ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2005" by Onionleaf

Started by Zeta, November 17, 2018, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Ema Skye ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2005
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

One of the nice things about reviewing people's sheets is that I often get to hear lots of nice pieces that I never would have listened to otherwise; this is definitely one of those times.  It looks pretty accurate so most of my comments aren't about notes.

-Saying that, the only thing I'm spotting note-wise is in bars 2, 6 and 14 I'm hearing an A in the bass like in bars 4, 8 and 16.
-I think this piece would probably be better written in C major throughout.  The Bbs all come come with those Bb chords which are just bVII chords in C major.  I'm also not sure it's worth the key signatures changes for only four bars at a time.
-Change the dotted rest in bar 8 to a crotchet and a quaver rest.
-I'd change the double dotted crotchet in bar 8 to a dotted crotchet + semiquaver for readability purposes, but if you want to keep it isn't not too bad.
-I'd suggest spacing out the systems on the first page a little bit more.  If you're worried about the second page looking less 'spacy' than the first then you could space that page out a little more to match as well.

Nice stuff.

Onionleaf

Heya, glad you liked the track. :) I agree, that is a huge aspect of what makes NSM so enjoyable to visit.

I made all the changes, except I wasn't sure if you were also referring to changing the last 5 measures to C major? I felt it would make sense to show the noticeable key change, but let me know if it's better to exclude this. Thanks!

Libera

Sweet, the changes look good.  If you want to keep the key signature change at the end, that's cool, but I'd put the key signature change back in for 9-12 for consistency since they're both similar sections.

Onionleaf

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on November 18, 2018, 03:16:14 AMOne of the nice things about reviewing people's sheets is that I often get to hear lots of nice pieces that I never would have listened to otherwise; this is definitely one of those times.
Ditto. Looks good!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta