News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG CIX: Shattered

Started by BrainyLucario, July 21, 2018, 04:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rattata26

Were roles randomized? Or did the host pick them specifically?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mikey on July 24, 2018, 11:20:24 PMyour thread presence is minimal with mostly pointless words
I've been gone all day. Besides, quantity doesn't always equal quality.

QuoteI do remember in the discord you gently calling things out and moving on
Delete those and you have an accurate statement. :party:
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: rattata26 on July 24, 2018, 11:23:24 PMWere roles randomized? Or did the host pick them specifically?
The setup was picked specifically, but assignment of the roles to players was random (or at least... it should be).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 24, 2018, 11:27:20 PMDelete those and you have an accurate statement. :party:
besides i can't see how you can seriously and legitimately think i've "moved on" when i'm still sticking with what i said as the basis for how i proceed

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: mikey on July 24, 2018, 11:20:24 PMIt doesn't really make sense for me to go to haku with this suspicion when I'm a wolf lol, cause it means I thought he was a PR last night and for some reason decided to hit someone else who was jasper

As a wolf, pr hunting makes perfect sense for you. And who says that you didn't hit haku with the wolfing after all?

Quote from: mikey on July 24, 2018, 11:20:24 PMyour thought process seems a little all over the place rn, you might want to double check where you're at on everyone and do some world building, because wolf me doesn't really reconcile my behavior with what's happened so far

I'm pretty sure that my thought process has been consistent, thank you. I called you out as a wolf in my post detailing my interpretation of the lack of wolfing. Since then, your actions haven't proved me wrong. Wolf you went after haku and now you've been very busy defending them.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

mikey

1. ThatHiddenCharacter- scum
2. Rattata- town
3. Toby- town
4. Nana- town
5. BDS- scum
6. Brawler- town
7. Nocturne- town
8. Hakue- town
9. Wayward- null
10. Spiritual- null

I think this is where I'm at so far, I do think BDS and THC are not compatible partnerwise so one or the other as scum and then the second between wayward/spiritual

brawler potentially jasper

it's highly likely there's 1 antitown in brawler/BDS/THC and I think any of those flips are good early for info, but would lean toward thc or bds

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 24, 2018, 11:34:41 PMAs a wolf, pr hunting makes perfect sense for you. And who says that you didn't hit haku with the wolfing after all?

I'm pretty sure that my thought process has been consistent, thank you. I called you out as a wolf in my post detailing my interpretation of the lack of wolfing. Since then, your actions haven't proved me wrong. Wolf you went after haku and now you've been very busy defending them.
this is what I mean when I say inconsistent, you're flipping between these two incompatible worlds where I'm PR hunting haku and I'm defending him because he's jasper.  Neither are correct, of course, but they're exclusive anyway.  He can't be both a PR and jasper.

also

I PR hunt subconsciously, I don't deny that.  Toby was calling me out on doing it publicly, which I wasn't, because Haku is the one who posted the log.  Anything afterward is because that information was already out in the open.

I think the log with haku is pretty good evidence of my humanity, or at least strong enough to destroy your wolf mikey+jasper haku world.  Reconsider your stance on this game a bit because you're pushing narratives that don't fit in with game actions.
unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

It's not complicated. Let's assume that you are a wolf and that you want to kill a pr night 1.

Night 1: you go pr hunting. Haku is a possible pr, so you wolf them. They turn out to be jasper.
Day 1: you defend haku vehemently, because you have since formed an alliance.

See? Not complicated. Your only defense against this (from what I've seen) has been "you're not thinking this through."

Quote from: mikey on July 24, 2018, 11:20:24 PMIt doesn't really make sense for me to go to haku with this suspicion when I'm a wolf lol, cause it means I thought he was a PR last night and for some reason decided to hit someone else who was jasper

You completely ignored what I was saying at all. You're a wolf. You hit haku. Haku is jasper. That's been my theory the entire time, and you have yet to actually answer that.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

mikey

then why did I waste so much time telling haku I thought he was a PR instead of just claiming wolf to him
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mikey on July 24, 2018, 11:45:43 PMI think this is where I'm at so far, I do think BDS and THC are not compatible partnerwise so one or the other as scum and then the second between wayward/spiritual
Aside from the fact that that's completely random and arbitrary, it seems kind of off that the only two players you have listed as scum "are not compatible partnerwise."

Quotebrawler potentially jasper
>agrees with me
>still thinks i'm a wolf

How do you reconcile the fact that I think Brawler is Jasper, and would be willing to lynch him with the idea that the wolves might have found Jasper?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 25, 2018, 12:02:24 AMAside from the fact that that's completely random and arbitrary, it seems kind of off that the only two players you have listed as scum "are not compatible partnerwise."
>agrees with me
>still thinks i'm a wolf

How do you reconcile the fact that I think Brawler is Jasper, and would be willing to lynch him with the idea that the wolves might have found Jasper?
simply, the scum reads are independent of each other, I find both your behaviors scummy, but don't think you could be partners together.  Consider it a 100% chance that there's a wolf between the two of you (yes "highly likely" is 100% >:[ I don't need to be consistent)

it doesn't matter who you think is jasper... like at all
especially if you're a wolf, then it's just town cred if brawler actually flips jasper. In the pool of three players I gave, I'd be most reluctant to lynch him, but still think his flip would afford decent interactions and information.

"vote stays"
unmotivated

Toby

mikey

I don't like him town reading me and so many other people already, way to many town reads, and I for one have been very off my usual game.

I also don't like his pr hunting of haku, before or after the log idc, he shouldn't be reinforcing his opinion on hakus identity.

And I don't like him thinking that if haku is not a reasonable n1 wolfing target for him, then he can't be wolf. Mikey killing haku = wolf isn't even like a hard fact or anything to really sway my suspicion on him.

I'm definitely feeling a wolf between brawler/mikey/bds

I haven't seen brawler go so hard against someone before, this could be a change of play style from him, or him just looking to sway the lynch away from his wolf team. I do know he plays pretty passively as a wolf though so I'm leaning more human.

Toby

Ok I don't think I can read be entire chat. I will skim through it when I get the chance but I'm going to sleep at like 3am without anything being said then waking up to almost 500 messages lol

I just don't have the time or motivation right now to read it all

Me being less dedicated and less motivated to engage is usually a wolf sign but I hope you understand I'm just really busy with summer work and getting ready for my holiday next week

Spiritual Mask Salesman

I'm suprised at how much meta is going on, lol. And it's funny because I was told before I signed up that meta usually doesn't come into play much on this Forum. As far as I'm aware I've never played with any of you before, so I can't contribute off of meta reads. That said, I can't ignore the fact Mikey is coming off scummy by trying to determine who is who. Only wolves could gain advantage from that. I'll be voting him.

Vote: Mikey

Hakue

I'll go with Brawler on this one.

I'm fairly confident on mikey's tone to have good intentions despite the playstyle, but I've seen that playstyle before multiple times on FFR and I'm not surprised that he ended up being a target.

Brawler's posts look good on paper, but I'm still uncertain on if that's a set up to get a quick lynch on mikey or if there's more to it. I feel like he's not really trying to understand mikey's point of view and stick to what seems wolfy without the why.

Also, votes seems to have solidified around mikey and I don't like it.

Hakue

Brawler, if you're confused by this post, here's my point.

Try to put yourself in mikey's shoes here and ask yourself why you would play his game as a wolf and as a town.