News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG CVI: It's Been a Long Time Coming [Game Thread]

Started by mikey, May 20, 2018, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Greg on May 24, 2018, 09:47:44 PMI don't think BDS acquitted himself well in the following discussion
Was there anything in particular you didn't like?

Quoteand I also thought his suspicion list (FA, THC, Brainy) was pretty bad: THC and Brainy seem like lynchbait and FA reads to me a lot more like his human self than last game, particularly his aggressiveness.
I mean, considered you've read the first two as human, it doesn't surprise me that you disagree with my suspicions, but saying they're "pretty bad" isn't really much of an argument. Using that same logic I could honestly say that your suspicions are bad (I didn't remember it at first, but you're the other person who voted for Tras!), because FA was deliberately trying to make me look worse by misconstruing some of my statements and overly emphasizing things that didn't really matter much at all (or what I think you called the "weaksauce" part of the suspicion).

QuotePlus he later backed off, said that he could see FA as a "bullheaded human", and didn't vote for him, which doesn't read to me as human BDS at all.
this is just dumb

like what

am i not allowed to vote for someone else i think is suspicious

like seriously

was i not voting for thc last phase

and was thc not not lynched last phase

i don't get it

i honestly think thc is a more solid lynch like why is that a bad thing

how can you fault me for that

how

how greg
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

just realized MSF wolfing is probably an attempt at framing brainy. Im going to assume brainy isnt going for the bad play of night killing his no. 1 enemy (would be the equivalent of BDS going for me.) Davy/thc hasnt been talked about at all, but im going to bank on my human read for thc.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

davy

Quote from: FireArrow on May 25, 2018, 01:48:26 AMjust realized MSF wolfing is probably an attempt at framing brainy. Im going to assume brainy isnt going for the bad play of night killing his no. 1 enemy (would be the equivalent of BDS going for me.) Davy/thc hasnt been talked about at all, but im going to bank on my human read for thc.

To me, the MSF wolfing just feels like wolfing the player that was on just about everyone's human lean list.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FireArrow

If wolves were going for that greg would make more sense to me.

Greg

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 24, 2018, 10:39:50 PMWas there anything in particular you didn't like?
There was a few things.

Not sure why you didn't bring up the supposed reason why you thought of power stealing in your initial response to FA (the fact that you'd hosted such a game in the past), and instead mentioned it later. It seems like you might have come up with that after the fact. (The other powers we've seen since the initial argument are also pretty worthless for wolves to steal, which marginally strengthens FA's initial point about power stealing.)
Also, I feel like you overreacted to FA's accusation of davy.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 24, 2018, 10:39:50 PMI mean, considered you've read the first two as human, it doesn't surprise me that you disagree with my suspicions, but saying they're "pretty bad" isn't really much of an argument. Using that same logic I could honestly say that your suspicions are bad (I didn't remember it at first, but you're the other person who voted for Tras!), because FA was deliberately trying to make me look worse by misconstruing some of my statements and overly emphasizing things that didn't really matter much at all (or what I think you called the "weaksauce" part of the suspicion).
Your point about my own suspicions day 1 is pretty fair. On the other hand, I reread your debate with FA and honestly I didn't really feel as if he misrepresented any of your points. (I'll give you a pass on that though since the exact same thing happened last game.)
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 24, 2018, 10:39:50 PMthis is just dumb

like what

am i not allowed to vote for someone else i think is suspicious

like seriously

was i not voting for thc last phase

and was thc not not lynched last phase

i don't get it

i honestly think thc is a more solid lynch like why is that a bad thing

how can you fault me for that

how

how greg

Look, as a human from my recollection you have a tendency to tunnel vision on your suspicions, meaning that it would be more likely for you to keep FA top of your list. If you're a wolf you might be more inclined to back off because nobody else seems to be buying into your FA suspicion. I get that you voted for THC last phase, but you said that the only reason you were voting for THC over FA was to avoid a KitB situation.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Greg on May 25, 2018, 10:09:18 AMNot sure why you didn't bring up the supposed reason why you thought of power stealing in your initial response to FA (the fact that you'd hosted such a game in the past), and instead mentioned it later. It seems like you might have come up with that after the fact. (The other powers we've seen since the initial argument are also pretty worthless for wolves to steal, which marginally strengthens FA's initial point about power stealing.)
Because not everybody would get the reference, and it wasn't important to bring up anyway? And God forbid I'm wrong about something, right?

QuoteAlso, I feel like you overreacted to FA's accusation of davy.
Completely disagree about that, but whatever I guess. FA's accusation came from pretty much nowhere and was criticizing something davy did that was helping the game.

QuoteYour point about my own suspicions day 1 is pretty fair. On the other hand, I reread your debate with FA and honestly I didn't really feel as if he misrepresented any of your points. (I'll give you a pass on that though since the exact same thing happened last game.)
Quote from: FireArrow on May 22, 2018, 10:30:16 PM1. You called me out for pushing a lynch, which is very different from being ok with lynching someone day one. You know this and you're backtracking right now.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 22, 2018, 10:37:38 PMLooking back at everything I said, I never called you out for "pushing a lynch." To be honest, I think you trying to put words in my mouth in an attempt to look worse proves my point that you're trying to exaggerate behavior that might seem slightly "off."
So you're just going to ignore this now?

how am i supposed to defend myself if you're just selectively choosing what evidence you choose to look at

QuoteLook, as a human from my recollection you have a tendency to tunnel vision on your suspicions, meaning that it would be more likely for you to keep FA top of your list. If you're a wolf you might be more inclined to back off because nobody else seems to be buying into your FA suspicion. I get that you voted for THC last phase, but you said that the only reason you were voting for THC over FA was to avoid a KitB situation.
yes because god forbid i'm wrong about something or god forbid i change my mind about something

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=10027.msg399299#msg399299

shuffling around suspicions to put someone else at the top doesn't mean i eliminate my suspicions of somebody else

things change and idk what you expect from me but most people change their minds when more pertinent information comes up

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=10027.msg399302#msg399302

You're really clinging onto the line "I could potentially see FA as being a bullheaded human though," (emphasis on COULD), while in the same post I LITERALLY SAY "FireArrow could also be a partner to THC."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

BDS- 34
FA- 15
Brainy- 13
THC- 11
Greg- 7
davy- 6
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Something just came to mind, in the event that someone's power gives info or something like that which helps achieve a win,how would someone go about this without revealing our roles to the wolves? Would it be worth the risk of death to just reveal it?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Greg

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 25, 2018, 02:04:42 PMBecause not everybody would get the reference, and it wasn't important to bring up anyway? And God forbid I'm wrong about something, right?
Thing is I'm not gonna hold your thing about power stealing against you, personally. Just thought it was worth pointing out since I noticed it anyway!
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 25, 2018, 02:04:42 PMSo you're just going to ignore this now?

how am i supposed to defend myself if you're just selectively choosing what evidence you choose to look at
No I read that part. Honestly to me there's a really marginal difference between "pushing a lynch" and "looking for a lynch", and it can hardly be construed as misrepresenting your argument in order to make you look bad: I seriously doubt anybody would have actually gotten confused by that.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 25, 2018, 02:04:42 PMyes because god forbid i'm wrong about something or god forbid i change my mind about something

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=10027.msg399299#msg399299

shuffling around suspicions to put someone else at the top doesn't mean i eliminate my suspicions of somebody else

things change and idk what you expect from me but most people change their minds when more pertinent information comes up

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=10027.msg399302#msg399302

You're really clinging onto the line "I could potentially see FA as being a bullheaded human though," (emphasis on COULD), while in the same post I LITERALLY SAY "FireArrow could also be a partner to THC."
I'm not gonna say it was a bad thing, per se, it just seemed out of character. As for my supposed clinging onto the line where you admitted that you could see FA as human... idk doesn't that seem overly defensive to you? It's not like that line was the cornerstone of my argument or anything.

Greg

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 25, 2018, 08:27:19 PMSomething just came to mind, in the event that someone's power gives info or something like that which helps achieve a win,how would someone go about this without revealing our roles to the wolves? Would it be worth the risk of death to just reveal it?

Think that if anybody knows one of the wolves for sure they should probably just speak up. It's 100% worth trading a power role (seer is probably the most likely here) for a wolf especially since there's only two of them.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Greg on May 25, 2018, 09:18:00 PMNo I read that part. Honestly to me there's a really marginal difference between "pushing a lynch" and "looking for a lynch", and it can hardly be construed as misrepresenting your argument in order to make you look bad: I seriously doubt anybody would have actually gotten confused by that.
Yes, it's actually a really big difference.

QuoteI'm not gonna say it was a bad thing, per se, it just seemed out of character. As for my supposed clinging onto the line where you admitted that you could see FA as human... idk doesn't that seem overly defensive to you? It's not like that line was the cornerstone of my argument or anything.
Quote from: Greg on May 24, 2018, 09:47:44 PMPlus he later backed off, said that he could see FA as a "bullheaded human", and didn't vote for him, which doesn't read to me as human BDS at all.
you're literally voting for me with a half-baked, unclear, and contradictory argument

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

I feel like its a bit concerning that every else is sitting in the back letter greg and bds go at it.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: FireArrow on May 25, 2018, 11:39:47 PMI feel like its a bit concerning that every else is sitting in the back letter greg and bds go at it.
Tbh It's a little intimidating to get in the middle of two veterans going at it. But Greg is making good points in his arguements. One of the big ones being as to how BDS has had contradictions in his posts, plus the sheer amount of spaces between his text just looks like desparation to me. I'm definitely for a BDS lynch at this point.

Reminder that one more vote is an insta so be careful.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 26, 2018, 12:10:13 AMOne of the big ones being as to how BDS has had contradictions in his posts, plus the sheer amount of spaces between his text just looks like desparation to me.
Me? Contradictions? Are you blind?

Spaces between text? What?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

The

Big

Spaces

Reek

Of

Desparation

To

Pull

Yourself

Out of the hole you dug.