News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Splatoon 2 - "Color Pulse" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, December 25, 2017, 09:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Color Pulse
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Showdown time! Alright so I've done a side-by-side comparison with this and Yug Guy's arrangement while listening to the original.

Sebastian and Olimar have informed me that Yug Guy's arrangement contains some wrong notes (if one of you could point that out, that would be great), so I went to judge the other aspects of the arrangements:

- Visually, Olimar's looks cleaner. Sizing and stave spacing make it compact without any loss of clarity. Yug Guy's sheet deviates from the hypermeter, changing horizontal spacing, and the rap staff is placed quite close to the piano staff above, making the distinction between systems less clear.
- Yug Guy's sheet is more "complete" in the sense that the rap part is written out where the piano overlaps it, but I prefer the layout that Olimar has because the rap is written out as pitched notes, making it easier for someone to adapt it to piano if they desire. The diamond noteheads give the rap a contour so that you can tell where it rises and falls. Although I must say that I think the pitched notes written out sound a bit odd sometimes played as written.
- I do like the accompanying chords (like in m. 9-16) an octave up better, but either way is fine.

Uh... I think that's everything I thought about just now. After such an assessment, I would be inclined to go with Olimar's arrangement for the site.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

After some discussion, Yug Guy has decided to take his submission down...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot