News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GBC] Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - "Credits (Super Players)" by TimSin

Started by Zeta, October 02, 2016, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Credits (Super Players)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TimSin

TimSin

This is my first submission, so I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to do this, but I see a lot of others reply to the submission with a video link so here.

I don't know why no one's done this so far. I wanted to make this a solo piano sheet so I didn't include the bassline. For the pdf and the midi, I used Musescore.

Maelstrom

A few tips before you get some feedback on the notes:
I don't know if you did this by ear or not, but, at first glance, it looks like it's from a midi. If you exported it from musescore as a midi, try musicXML next time. It will look nicer and be more accurate. Just a reminder that all arrangements here must be original.

2ndly, after that, take a good look at the [http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=481.0]formatting guidelines[/url]. These must be followed down to the letter. If you can't do something with notepad, post here and someone will help you out.

As for the song, after listening to the original, you really should have included the baseline rather than the higher stuff. As arrangers, we are rarely ever able to fit every single note into an arrangement, so we must pick the most important parts of the song and transcribe those. The baseline is much more important in this case.

TimSin

Thank you for the feedback!
I disagree on somethings though.
I did do this by ear, and I did use a MusicXML file to convert it.
As for the guidelines, that's my bad, I should've followed it.
And for the song, I know the bassline is more pronounced, but when I tried to put the bass line instead of the higher stuff, it didn't sound as good in my opinion.
I will use this feedback to improve this song.  :)

Latios212

Hey there, glad you're fixing up your sheet. However, it's still got a ways to go, so I encourage you to make a topic in the personal arrangement threads board and get feedback and fix it up there. Help board is also available for help. Submissions board is for formatted sheets that are ready to go on site, and you're not quite there yet. Don't worry though; you can always re-submit later after things are fixed!

I'll archive this soon.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle