News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "End Credits" (Replacement) by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, January 27, 2016, 06:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Updated some formatting and spacing stuff.

I'll add titles if an updater says it's necessary. Otherwise, I think the sheet has enough info on it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

More feedback:

-You can fit this arrangement on 8 pages. Use the page layout tool, size the pages down to 85% and broaden the margins (Left: 0.59, Top:4.3, Right: 4.3, Bottom: 0.5) and it should fit on 8 pages.

-I think you're overusing double bar lines. Only use it when it changes to another section, using it before every time signature change is redundant.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on March 21, 2016, 05:33:08 PM-You can fit this arrangement on 8 pages.
I mean, it looks fine on 9 at the current size. In fact it's already been downsized anyway.

Removed double bars from minor time changes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

The Deku Trombonist

The opening 8 bars alternates 3/4 and 4/4 bars. I see you used pauses for that effect  in bars 2 and 4 but that's missing in bars 6 & 8.

The chords aren't quite right from 33-40 but perhaps that's because you were combining the chords/arpeggios? I dunno, I just wonder if there's a better way of going about it. Either way, the RH chords in bar 40 should definitely start on Dmin and move to Gmaj on the 4th beat.

At figure B, maybe you could add some grace notes to capture the vocal slides? It needs some variation otherwise it starts sounding like the same thing over and over again...which it is...but the instrumentation changes make up for it. Then in bar 55, it'd be lovely to hear it kick up a notch with a fuller texture.

At figure C, perhaps consider writing some articulations in the LH like you did in the RH?

I think a different LH pattern might work better at 79. Something that allows the freedom of highlighting the cool little syncopated rhythm in 82 (which isn't heard in the original Lost Woods track. It's like the party remix!).

Zunawe

Added fermatas to measures 6 and 8 (I personally think the intention was to pause, but the easiest way for the software to achieve that was to simply add an extra beat)

Fixed (?) chords 33-34. Also moved second layer in right hand down an octave at measure 40 (already holding the pedal anyway, and a one octave jump sounds better than two octaves)

Added glissandos and a grace note since there aren't really actual notes to be written (at both B and E). Works? I can't really think of anything major to do at 55 since it's literally the same notes but with strings and a choir instead of a single voice. Maybe some sort of expressive text, modify dynamics slightly, or remove the clarinets from B-55?

Will work on 79 LH.

Also, I'm starting to think 171-174 should be written as a gliss or something similar? The number of notes between beats is different for each run it sounds like.

I program things

Onionleaf

The thread title caught my eye so I had a "quick" look at your arrangement. Hopefully you'll get some proper feedback from the updaters soon, but in the mean time I just jotted a few points:

• I'll have to agree with Deku that the first four measures alternate between 3/4 and 4/4 time.
• I can hear a smaller interval between notes in m. 21. The chord in the second layer there should be F# A. Similar thing for all other places where this melody repeats (eg. mm 29, 51, 59, etc).
• Might make sense to add a grace note going up to that high D in m. 30?
• There's this subtle arpeggio going up in the bassline in mm. 33-39. You can add it in by changing the second eighth note of each bar by adding a note below it to make it a 2nd inversion chord (eg. in m. 33 have it be C F A).
• In mm. 63-70, you could have the right hand playing those repeating chords that are also present in mm. 33-39.
• There are some neat passages going up in m. 88 and m. 106 - would be great to add them in. :)
• In mm. 101-105, there's another ooh-like voice appearing that might be good to add.
• In mm. 107-114, I'm hearing those quarter notes as rather two repeated eighths. (Perhaps the first is stronger than the other)
• Like you have those tied notes in mm.123-124, the same should be done for the next few phrases until the end of section C.
• The chord on the 3rd beat in m. 141 should look the same as in m. 145. I would probably have the full chord in the left hand and simply add brackets to that overlapping B note in the right hand.
• Might be worth to add the missing harmony in section G, especially in the second half. (Just the notes that the strings are playing on the first beat of every bar).

JDMEK5

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 20, 2016, 01:41:36 AMHopefully you'll get some proper feedback from the updaters soon,
This is funny because we've been doing this in Skype over the last 2 months. xD
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Onionleaf

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 21, 2016, 05:42:30 PMThis is funny because we've been doing this in Skype over the last 2 months. xD

Ah! I see, so there's lots of stuff going on behind the curtain. Don't mind me then! ^^

Latios212

Lots of fun stuff has happened in the thorough comb-over we've done with this sheet, and you can find the new files in the OP. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us, but the updating team has deemed this ready to go!

d=(^o^)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

Zeta