News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Windfall Island" (Replacement) by nutella511

Started by Zeta, June 20, 2016, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Windfall Island
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: nutella511

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

nutella511

This is my first sheet. I am a Musescore User, so I could use some help fixing my mus file. The pdf looks much better, and has correct formatting.

Link to non extended songhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_XgaJNVgg

Latios212

Hi, and welcome to NSM... again?

I hate to say this, but it's best put bluntly - this sheet is still a mess. It's not your fault, but the original arranger left a slew of wrong notes, messy layers, misused articulations, and such. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix it up, really do! But this sheet, in my opinion, would take far too long to fix up from the state it currently is in. I encourage you to work on a different song and share what you have in the Personal Arrangement Threads board. We'll help you! But I don't think this sheet is worth pursuing.

As it happens, I do have my own sheet for Windfall lying around...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Not bad!
I'm fixing your mus file now.
Note that 115 is not an "accurate" bpm; most BPMS go to the nearest 4. For this reason, I'm setting your piece at 116.
Also make sure to use Times New Roman as your font.
I've fixed all the formatting. Here it is!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g42ltdpkmxm4468/Windfall%20Island%20MUS.mus?dl=0

Now, list of issues:
System spacing: A system, aka a line, should have the same number of measures as all of its fellow systems, both for organization and also, in some cases, to show the overarching flow of the piece, which is referred to as hypermeter. In this case, after setting 4 bars to each line, it begins and ends nice and neat :) I know you probably can't do that in Notepad, but it wasn't in your Musescore PDF either, so I wanted to make you aware of that.
Secondly: staff spacing. The space between lines can be reduced some to help prevent a sheet from taking up too much space. Have enough space between staves to make it readable, but make sure you aren't taking up 3 pages for a 1 1/2 page arrangement.

Other stuff may come soon.       
EDIT: It won't b/c Latios' better idea :D
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The reason I posted it was for Nutella to see his mistakes and how to fix them for next time, not for him to submit this necessarily.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Why isn't it? I already acknowledged that, as an arrangement on the site, this one isn't going anywhere. What I was saying (and why I fixed his file) was that he can still use this as a learning experience.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

nutella511

I looked at Latios's arrangement, and it seems that that is where to start. I think I'll work on something else. Thanks Pianist Da Sootopolis for the formatting help.

Maelstrom

Quote from: nutella511 on June 22, 2016, 05:59:47 PMI looked at Latios's arrangement, and it seems that that is where to start. I think I'll work on something else. Thanks Pianist Da Sootopolis for the formatting help.
In that case, I'll put this away for the time being.