News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[SNES] Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - "Recruitment" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, June 26, 2016, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Recruitment
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Not bad. Here are a couple of things.
- Note beaming in the intro. Dotted eighths following each other is clunky, so I'd do the beginning beamed similarly to M. 6.
- I'd do 2 measure systems. There's lots of beamings and 16th passages going on, and you've got plenty of space. It would also help deal with the remaining blank half of the sheet.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Thanks for that first point.

I disagree on the second one, though. It ends up feeling either uneven or to open, with little middle ground.
I think it's fine how it is now.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Personally, I like it because it gives the arrangement more room to breathe, especially with all the beaming, ties, and the one time sig. change (which, under a 2 bar system setup, falls at the beginning of the third system).
Any updaters want to chime in on this? It's certainly readable as is, but personally I feel like a 2 bar system setup would be more conducive to neatness.
what is shitpost

Latios212

While 2-measure systems look fine, this does as well. I don't have a strong preference either way.

I'd make beat 3 of measures 6-7 as a half note and the following 16th notes in layer 2. Also why are the beams flipped for the LH there?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Bespinben

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 26, 2016, 11:23:22 AM- I'd do 2 measure systems. There's lots of beamings and 16th passages going on, and you've got plenty of space. It would also help deal with the remaining blank half of the sheet.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 26, 2016, 12:07:25 PMI disagree on the second one, though. It ends up feeling either uneven or to open, with little middle ground.
I think it's fine how it is now.

Bespinben

Take a peek at Mechonis Field (similarly afflicted) and tell me it doesn't look better this way.

Maelstrom

Bespinben

Zeta