Game: Paper Mario
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Beach Tunes
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Solid lookin' sheet. Very good. Only have two things to say (excluding accuracy of pitches because I didn't check for that) :

-Measure 1, Beat 2.5, RH (The first A that appears in the RH) : In the original, this is a triplet eighth that is synced with the bass. Don't leave it in duple time.
-Whole song: This sorta stems from my previous point but this would still be my thought even if the above was not there; I think the whole thing should be notated in either a compound time, or with swung eighths. Whatever you think captures the atmosphere better. It makes little sense to use triplets every time when there's literally no duplet eighths in the entire piece.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FireArrow

Why did you occasional drop notes down an octave in the bass line? It doesn't really accomplish anything from what I see and it messes up its melodic qualities.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 03, 2016, 08:30:04 PM-Measure 1, Beat 2.5, RH (The first A that appears in the RH) : In the original, this is a triplet eighth that is synced with the bass. Don't leave it in duple time.
Whoops, that was an oversight on my part. Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 03, 2016, 08:30:04 PM-Whole song: This sorta stems from my previous point but this would still be my thought even if the above was not there; I think the whole thing should be notated in either a compound time, or with swung eighths. Whatever you think captures the atmosphere better. It makes little sense to use triplets every time when there's literally no duplet eighths in the entire piece.
Wow, I can't believe I made that poor of a mistake. I'm so embarrassed.
Fixed.

Quote from: FireArrow on April 03, 2016, 08:55:20 PMWhy did you occasional drop notes down an octave in the bass line? It doesn't really accomplish anything from what I see and it messes up its melodic qualities.
I don't see this as a big deal. I like having the bass notes in throughout, so I just dropped the upbeats at a couple spots.

EDIT: I found a good way to incorporate those upbeat notes that were left out, FireArrow. How's that look?

FireArrow

Oh no, I really liked the way you juggled the voices. I just meant the C's in measures 9-10, The D's in 15-16, and the C's in 17-19 being an octave low. I'd revert back to the way you had the bass line previously just with a few notes in the lower voice moved to the right octave.

Sebastian

Actually, I like how I have it now :P
Anyone else have any thoughts?

FireArrow

This way's a bit messier but there's nothing wrong with it.

...can you still put the notes I mentioned in the right octave though?

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on April 06, 2016, 06:34:10 PMcan you still put the notes I mentioned in the right octave though?
Sure. When I get on my computer.

Anyone else have anymore feedback for this arrrangement?

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on April 06, 2016, 06:34:10 PM...can you still put the notes I mentioned in the right octave though?
Sorry for responding to this late. I want to keep the notes as they are for playability.

FireArrow

But moving them closer to the other notes would make them more playable?

Sebastian

I mean that I don't want them like this:
Spoiler
[close]

I don't like it when there are notes that repeat the same note(s) on the downbeat that are on the upbeat. That is why I changed it to the way I have it in these measures:
Quote from: FireArrow on April 04, 2016, 06:54:03 PMI just meant the C's in measures 9-10, The D's in 15-16, and the C's in 17-19 being an octave low.

FireArrow

There isn't anything wrong with repeating notes like that but it's not really a big enough that deal changing it around will break your arrangement so w/e.

My biggest concern is that it messes up the whole G-A-B-C run.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot