[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - "Oreburgh City (Day)" by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, January 23, 2016, 10:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Oreburgh City (Day)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TheMarioPianist

TheMarioPianist

(Yes, I actually submitted something!)

Ok, my main concern here is around measure 25. I've been debating whether I should attempt to put the second voice in or not (and possibly how to incorporate it). Also, I feel like there should be more dynamic markings in spots, but for some reason I was not picking up enough variation in volume. Feel free to critique on those two things along with anything else you find! Thanks!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

DonValentino

Hmm... m. 17+ does sound a little empty. Maybe try to add some dazzle to that part?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: DonValentino on January 23, 2016, 01:33:50 PMHmm... m. 17+ does sound a little empty. Maybe try to add some dazzle to that part?
Just posting so you know I haven't forgotten about this. School severely limits the amount of time I have to arrange, and right now I'm devoting most of my time to frantically finishing my entry for the arrangement contest. I'll hopefully get to this soonish!

(Read as: Don't delete this submission please! I just have to put it off until the arrangement contest submission due date, which is the 8th. I will come back and fix this up after that ASAP!)

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: DonValentino on January 23, 2016, 01:33:50 PMHmm... m. 17+ does sound a little empty. Maybe try to add some dazzle to that part?

Finally, I was able to make some progress on this. I added the second layer in measures 25-30, which definitely adds some "dazzle." 17-22 will be my next task, which will be difficult due to a barely audible second layer. The goal is that you can examine the last 6 measures while I finish up this section, which will take me more time. See, told you I wouldn't forget! (I will update this post once I finish 17-22.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Due to difficulty in picking out the second layer in 17-22, I am going to pull back this submission to make room for another. I will wait to resubmit this until I get that second layer.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player