Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Death by Glamour
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JesterMusician

JesterMusician

I'm using the game fight version, which is about 5% slower. Therefore, this version is in Eb minor instead of E minor (since 95% is approximately 2-1/12 = 1 semitone down) and about 140 BPM instead of 148 (95% of 148 is actually 140.6 but 140 is a nicer number  than 141).

Tobbeh99

What's up with the first page? Why do you have the systems so low, almost at the bottom?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JesterMusician

"Casting off" is the organization of the music layout, like number of bars per system and systems per page. It takes practice to do correctly, because you have to worry about keeping the spacing consistent while managing things like page turns (notice how the last measure of page 3 has a resting left hand). Repeats and sections should be at the beginning of a system if possible.

Sometimes you need to forego practicality for ease of performance. This is one of those cases: with 22 systems, I could have done something like 3/5/5/5/4, but that would cause some repeats to cross a page turn. This layout only has one repeat spanning a page, and it's across a spread, so there's no turn. I brought the first two systems to the end of the page to avoid an "end of chapter" look, but this is similarly problematic; according to my references, the conventional practice is to center them, so I'll do that instead.

Tobbeh99

ah ok fine. But I think you can move up 1 system from page 2 to 1, making the first page have 3 systems and the second page 4.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

The actual in-game version is about 144-145 BPM (I don't know if you video you put slowed it down too much), compared to the original which is at about 148-149 BPM.

That being said... I'm fairly certain I claimed Death by Glamour, no? I'm not going to let my arrangement go to waste. D:<

Btw you can't really say this should be an alternate arrangement that you get the credit for since it's the same as the OST version with the minor speed difference...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

JesterMusician

I compared with a video of game footage; at about 4:00 in this video.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

Ah, I can answer this! The first time you encounter the Mettaton EX fight, you get the slower version. If you lose the battle, you get the one that's on the official OST, the faster one. Don't know why this happened.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Nebbles on December 13, 2015, 06:32:44 PMAh, I can answer this! The first time you encounter the Mettaton EX fight, you get the slower version. If you lose the battle, you get the one that's on the official OST, the faster one. Don't know why this happened.

It's not even the OST version; it's some version halfway between the two.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Regardless, we should be arranging tracks as they appear on the OST, right? There are several pieces in Undertale that have this quirk (Bird That Carries You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap comes to mind), so we need a standard to compare to so we remain consistent.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on December 13, 2015, 07:05:21 PMRegardless, we should be arranging tracks as they appear on the OST, right? There are several pieces in Undertale that have this quirk (Bird That Carries You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap comes to mind), so we need a standard to compare to so we remain consistent.

That would be this:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7895.0

JesterMusician

One of the reasons why I like the Eb minor version is that the song is very pentatonic, so there are passages of almost exclusively black keys, which facilitates fast playing.

As for doing the arrangement despite the claim, this post along with the broken link to his draft (which is no longer broken) gave me reason to believe he wasn't working on it. So in the interest of getting sheets onto the site, I decided to take it on myself.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 24, 2015, 06:56:47 PMI guess you didn't see it, but I posted a draft of Death by Glamour. This would take so much time to edit, though, that I'll probably just finish and polish up a lot of the smaller ones before trying to get this one submitted.

Anyway, I'll leave it to the mods to decide whether to accept my sheet or not. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on December 14, 2015, 02:58:51 PMI don't believe a claim in an unofficial project holds much weight in this setting.

The general consensus amongst Team Updater is that whichever of the two submissions requires the least editing is the one that will be chosen.

(Decision pending)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday