Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy Adventure
Console: Game Boy
Title: Jema's Realization
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FireArrow

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Being stylistically similar, many of the things I said regarding beaming, voice leading, and layer usage on the previous Final Fantasy Forever submission also apply here to this piece:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7262.msg298339#msg298339

Here is a demonstration:
Spoiler

Also, while I hate to be that guy, I must point out that at least 1 tempo indicator and 1 dynamic level are required as per NSM Formatting Guidelines.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

I'll get around to all that good stuff tomorrow, but out of curiosity, is there a reason why you changed some of the eight notes in mm. 4, 5, and 7 to quarter notes? Am I hearing the note lengths incorrectly or is it more of a stylistic thing?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

It appears to be an attempt to make it easier to read while sacrificing accuracy. Me no likey.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 06, 2015, 08:40:52 PMIt appears to be an attempt to make it easier to read while sacrificing accuracy. Me no likey.
The arrangement requires the regular usage of the sustain pedal in order to be playable, so as far as accuracy is concerned, there is virtually no difference between a sustained 8th and a sustained quarter. Seeing as they are functionally equal, I opted for the latter for the sake of ease of reading.

FireArrow

I'd like to get OK'd before I edit the OP, so I'm just gonna drop the mus here: [MUS]

Major difference from your demonstration:
-I'm hearing the phrasing as one large chuck in the beginning of the measure and one small chuck at the end, so I beamed it as such. I'm not hearing a lot of the ones you notated, or at least to an extent worth notating.
-I'm gonna side with Olimar for accuracy. If someone wishes to use my arrangement for remixing or something like that, I'd like them to have an accurate representation of the piece.
-Because of the above, mine is a lot uglier. ;3 Let me know if it's too unappealing, I don't have any strong feelings about keeping it either way.

Bespinben

Quote from: FireArrow on November 09, 2015, 06:09:30 PM-I'm gonna side with Olimar for accuracy. If someone wishes to use my arrangement for remixing or something like that, I'd like them to have an accurate representation of the piece.
-Because of the above, mine is a lot uglier.
Sure that's fine, but I firmly believe that material can be cleanly presented no matter what the content. Consider the following.

Quote from: FireArrow on November 09, 2015, 06:09:30 PMMajor difference from your demonstration:
-I'm hearing the phrasing as one large chuck in the beginning of the measure and one small chuck at the end, so I beamed it as such.
Beaming can relate to phrasing but in this case, it's primarily affected by voice preservation and layer management. This is why in my demonstration, I sometimes break up a four-8ths beam group, because you don't want to swap a voice between layers while still beaming another voice over it.

See how the above example splits alto and soprano voices into separate layers, including the "-let" of the "tri-pi-let"?

Let's take for example measure 4. Here's how you notated it:

Here's how it would look incorporating the above principles concerning beaming:

Olimar12345

rly gud! A couple little things and I think we're done here:

-few formatting things: arr. name not aligned, left quotation mark is weird.(while Bespinben hates to be "that guy," I LOVE to be that guy!)
-You should really extend that first ending until the second ending. The general rule of thumb for endings is that if the first and second ending brackets will be too long, you'd probably be better off using a D.C/D.S.
-You can also remove the ending bracket on the last measure of the second ending. (either that or extend everything under it)
-y no beam on the eighths in measures 1 & 2?
-y tha tie at the end of the first layer voice (LH) in measure 3?

[ul=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59554832/nsm/NSM%20subs/Jema%27s%20Realization%20II12345.mus]Check it[/url]

FireArrow

Danks, just gonna use your file because I'm a lazybones.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 24, 2015, 10:14:56 AM-y no beam on the eighths in measures 1 & 2?

It was me trying to be fancy with "use beaming to show phrasing." i guess it was 2fancy4u

Olimar12345

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot