News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[NES] Castlevania - "Nothing to Lose" by Tobbeh99

Started by Zeta, October 23, 2015, 05:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Castlevania
Game: Castlevania
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Nothing to Lose
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tobbeh99

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Only 4 songs left from Castlevania (Nes). Here are the first 2, the battles VS Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ZbKm0T9ME
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

I'd definitely use G#'s instead of Ab's in the LH for measure 6-7. I'd also rewrite the majority of the RH to follow the whole "flats for descending and sharps of ascending" rule, but I'm less certain about that one.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

"G#'s instead of Ab's", emm there are no Ab's in the LH measure 6-7. Only Eb,En and Fn.

The chromatic RH runs: I tried to make it so that I only needed to use accidentals in the beginning, as few as possible, instead of changing many times mid-measure.
Kind of like this one: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2419
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 25, 2015, 11:15:18 AM"G#'s instead of Ab's", emm there are no Ab's in the LH measure 6-7. Only Eb,En and Fn.

The chromatic RH runs: I tried to make it so that I only needed to use accidentals in the beginning, as few as possible, instead of changing many times mid-measure.
Kind of like this one: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2419

I dunno, it's just really weird to be using G double sharps in the RH and A naturals in the LH. And sorry, I can't read music, but I meant D#'s - in hindsight I think those are Eb's though.

Bespinben

While I see the logic of your accidental spellings, it obfuscates the chromatic line's harmonic relationship to the other parts. Just use [C B Bb A Bb B] etc. etc.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FireArrow

Quote from: Bespinben on November 05, 2015, 06:05:07 PMWhile I see the logic of your accidental spellings, it obfuscates the chromatic line's harmonic relationship to the other parts. Just use [C B Bb A Bb B] etc. etc.

Not C B Bb A A# B?

Bespinben

The "sharps-up flats-down" maxim is highly misunderstood. It's best application is in lengthy chromatic scales (think RBY Trainer Battle). Here the range is very limited, so we need to establish clear "pivots" as I call it -- C the upper pivot, and A the lower pivot. We don't want anything to blur these bounderies, like a Cb or an A#.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FireArrow

Ah ok, that makes sense. Now I know why short chromatic runs always threw me off ;3

Tobbeh99

Ok I got the point with the accidental spelling. But should I use the same logic for the second run, which I have notated (Fn En D# Cx D# En Fn)? Should it be (Fn En Eb D Eb En Fn)??

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Tobbeh99

Fixed!

The chromatic runs got very squeezed with all the accidentals however. Tell me if I need to fix that, and how to, in case.

10/10 tobbeh

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot