Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Megalovania
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JesterMusician

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yugi

Yo, jester, here's a version I made that fixes a lot of problems I can see in the arrangement, namely, most of the stuff is actually an octave down, and there's some weird chord stuff there. I don't have proper finale, so you're going to need to change clefs though.

Bespinben

I'm guessing Jester's choice of octaves was a deliberate artistic decision. However, I do feel like a lot of the "groove" of the original song comes from the way it tends to favor the melody being in lower registers.

Love the tempo qualifier btw - "sans arrĂȘt"
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

I like Yugi's choice with octaves in part B. I feel like that part needs some more power. I think it sounded a bit puny with single notes. Either keep it with the octaves or find some other way making it more powerful, maybe incorporate the string-hits in some way.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JesterMusician

I put in the octave doubling in section B - you're right, it could use more power, and the part is simple enough to do this. I also added a Bb below the D in 20.

I thought about whether or not to octave down the right hand of C and C', but I like them the way they are. I want there to be enough room among the multiple voices so that they can be heard well. A similar case could be made for octaving down sections A, A', and G, but I want to save the D2's for section B, and D3's would overlap.

I disagree with the other chord changes you made. Measure 17 is A on top of F, not F on top of D. Measure 35 is definitely D in the bass, not Bb.

JesterMusician

Wait a minute, is that really feasible? Octave jumping so far in 16th notes?

Tobbeh99

Yes it is, but it is somewhat hard. The only hard part are the first notes too. I guess you can remove the lower note on the second note if you really want to make it easier.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot