News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Underworld" (Replacement) by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, November 13, 2015, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros.
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Underworld
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Sebastian

I added the drums to "groove-ify" it a little.
Tell me what y'all think!

Bespinben

Now we're talking. Aw yeah.

Still, invisible MIDI percussion doesn't do the player much good if it's not notated. Since the right hand is almost always unoccupied for the first half of the piece, you could have it do an alternation between palm slaps and knuckle bumps:

Also, notice that I added volta brackets (i.e. 1st/2nd ending repeat). If you distribute the measures 3 per system all the way through the sheet, you won't end up having an unseemly 1 measure system at the end.

As for the 2nd half of the song when the RH becomes more occupied, perhaps you could switch to vocal beatboxing or foot taps in lieu of the right hand.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

This is cool! Thanks for the feedback.
I was gonna put the percussion part being "played" by your hand in the empty measures only, M. 1 & 2 for example, but in your example you have it all the way through the first section. I'm not really fond of banging my hand around while I'm playing piano, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for this piece.
I'll get this updated when I get on my computer :P

Sebastian

Ok. I got it updated!
What I fixed:
- I notated the drum part.
- Added the volta brackets and made it 3 measures per system.

Bespinben

This be smooth grooving yo.

Instead of writing "Go to measure 1", use the standard Da Capo al Fine repeat marker. It would also be a good idea to turn off the hidden percussion for the parts where you don't have it notated to play.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on November 17, 2015, 01:36:34 PMThis be smooth grooving yo.
8)

Quote from: Bespinben on November 17, 2015, 01:36:34 PMInstead of writing "Go to measure 1", use the standard Da Capo al Fine repeat marker.
Ah, ok. There was a bunch that I could use so I just picked one at random :P
Fixed.

Quote from: Bespinben on November 17, 2015, 01:36:34 PMIt would also be a good idea to turn off the hidden percussion for the parts where you don't have it notated to play.
I thought it'd be cool to leave it in for playback's sake, but I removed it where it isn't notated.
Fixed.

Zeta