[DELETED] [MUL] Sonic Unleashed - "Chun-nan Dragon Road Day (Duet)" by moltenmozzarella

Started by Zeta, September 03, 2015, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic Unleashed
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Chun-nan Dragon Road Day
Instrumentation Piano Duet
Arranger: moltenmozzarella

Maelstrom

For one, the .mus file is a wreck. Using a program other than finale is no excuse to have a sloppy .mus file. Nor is a sloppy .mus file acceptable or excusable.

Secondly, there is not enough music here to warrant a duet. It's three parts, but it can conceivably be fit into two hands, although it will need to adapted and/or some parts will need to be left out.

Thirdly, look at this. This must be followed to the letter.

And a few comments on the pieces itself. You have way, way, way too many ledger lines in the RH of the first piano. Use an 8va to fix that.
At least have an initial dynamic mark. More might be nice.
More expressions and articulations would be nice, like slurs and staccatos where necessary.
Those big letters are not needed and should not be there
A fermata would suffice instead of having the 2/4 measure
Those 16th note runs would be better as articulations. Use a turn for the 4 note ones and a mordant for the 3 notes ones.

That's it for now.

Tobbeh99

It is true what Maelstrom said, that this song can easily fit on a solo sheet. The only thing you gain on having it on a duet is that you can have both the octaves in bass and the chords. But it's not enough in my opinion.

Also here's for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N40ANWV6TZU

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

I'm convinced the arranger won't be around to edit the files according to the feedback given above. I'll go and archive this.

IRON FIST HA!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday