Series: Other
Game: Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)
Console: PC
Title: Cemetery
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

I'm sure you have a reason, but why did you not use a compound time signature? I don't see any straight rhythms anywhere to warrant 4/4 over 12/8.

(There's kind of a swing feel almost, if you'd rather take that route instead...)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

No reason in particular, that's just how I feel this piece should look. It has that 4/4 weight distribution of 1>3>4>2 going on that is unique to that time signature. I also find it easier to read the syncopation in measures like mm 8. Though, it definitely shouldn't be in swing, I believe.

OH NO MY TEMPO MARKING-WHERE'D IT GOOOOO
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Re-uploaded the files with the missing tempo marking and re-spaced the systems.

DonValentino

E minor?

FireArrow

Quote from: DonValentino on September 28, 2015, 10:06:30 AME minor?

It switches between E minor and D minor every 2 measures then settles in C major (I think?) for the rest. Since the chords E minor, D minor, and C major are all in the C major scale, C major would make the most sense if you were to use a single key signature (I think?)

;3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

I intentionally put no key signature. Do you guys think it should be otherwise?

FireArrow

I'm no updater, but putting it in E minor/D minor wouldn't result in any less amount of accidentals or make it easier to read. The only "better" option I can think of would be to notate each key signature individually, which is arbitrary and obnoxious.

edit: I suppose you could put m1-12 in E minor and 13-20 in C major?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bespinben

Just wanted to point out the Sebastion Wolff's arrangement of this is in E minor (and, consequently, spells the Ab as G#).

See Here

[close]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

ECH that arrangement is awful. Anyway, after reevaluating it, I think it is fine without a key signature. Its a short enough piece that I don't think it matters, and a key change would be overkill, I feel (not to mention that it doesn't even harmonically function in E minor). And Ben, that Ab is the lowered fifth in the D half-diminished 7 chord, so I don't see the sense in making it a G#.

DonValentino

Zeta