News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

2nd layer under melody?

Started by Altissimo, July 10, 2015, 11:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

hello I am here again with another musical question. here is an upload (that I did because nobody else has uploaded it, which is also why the video is shit quality) of a theme from Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak. It's pretty much the same as a theme from Ham-Hams Unite that I already arranged, except transposed from B major to E-flat major. However in the transition from GBC to GBA music there were a couple of changes made, and one of them is that there is a harmony line accompanying part of the introduction, in the same rhythm as the melody, that I'm having a bit of trouble with. Here is the PDF link to the theme in question (directly transposed from the other one I arranged with no edits, hence why the bass line is all wrong); the harmony can be heard for the duration of m. 2. I can hear that the first three notes are G, moving up to A-flat on the fourth and back to G for the fifth (aka beat 2), but after that I get a little lost. They can't really continue down in 3rds because then the downbeat of m. 3 will be an E-flat in the melody against a C in the harmony when it's clearly an E-flat major chord and therefore C has no place, but I'm not good enough at hearing harmonies to tell what's going on there. D: Any help?

(also I'm sorry if I'm making too many topics with strictly musical questions in this board, but I'm not sure where else to put it lol)

Edit: Listening again, it sounds like the harmonies actually continue throughout most of the loop sequence. I'm hearing something like this for the most part, but any comments would be helpful :p

Editedit: I think I figured out the first part of my own question - parallel sixths not thirds as seen here. That being said I could still use a look over the harmonies in the loop section :p (edit x3: also I think there are harmonies in m.1 but I dunno about those either)

(by the time I figured this all out I was like "well maybe I should just go put it in my arrangement thread and not have an entire help thread dedicated to something I actually figured out on my own" but I can't delete topics lmao)