News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Ratings?

Started by flygon9, June 28, 2015, 05:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flygon9

This may seem very redundant considering how long I've been using this site, but the vertical lines between the arranger's name and the file downloads- is that a rating for that arrangement? That would to make sense, as it seems that the better arrangements typically have more lines. However, if this is the case, who actually does the rating? The admins? Because if that's a rating for the piece, I certainly don't see any way to actually rate it myself. So what exactly do those lines mean?

AwesomeYears

It means the popularity the sheets have been gotten, more lines mean viewed more times.

flygon9

I considered that option. But, two songs I uploaded that were in the last update already have a full amount of lines and that seems off, 'cause they've only really been on the site for 5 days.

Latios212

Quote from: Jamaha on January 10, 2014, 11:27:47 AMThe bar represents an arrangement's popularity with a scale from 0 to 10. The popularity is based on the number of downloads in the past week and it is updated weekly.
Idk what merits a full bar. I don't think anyone besides the admins has access to the actual numbers.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

flygon9

Ahh. Alrighty, thanks guys!

Olimar12345

It stands for the amount of downloads in a two week (iirc) period.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Pretty sure it was a one-week period.

And it's actually on an 11 point scale, in case anyone wondered.

Additionally, if you mouse over the rating, it says popularity, sooo...

JDMEK5

Quote from: flygon9 on June 28, 2015, 05:18:12 PMI considered that option. But, two songs I uploaded that were in the last update already have a full amount of lines and that seems off, 'cause they've only really been on the site for 5 days.
It means you're a hit and you should celebrate.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Quote from: flygon9 on June 28, 2015, 05:18:12 PMI considered that option. But, two songs I uploaded that were in the last update already have a full amount of lines and that seems off, 'cause they've only really been on the site for 5 days.

Well usually the songs that were in the last update will get a popularity spike in the beginning since they are new and people want to check out the latest sheets.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

Also I'm pretty sure that every time you yourself view the sheet it counts as a hit.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.