News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Beaming question

Started by Tobbeh99, April 09, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Hi I wonder what the best beaming is. If I arrange a song in 4/4 is it better to beam eighth notes in groups of 4 (as finale does automatically) or as groups of 2, or does it depend on the context? 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

It really depends on your preference. I seem to be in the minority, but I prefer groups of two. Most of the guys here do four, but there is really no wrong choice. It's completely up to you.

Bespinben

I use beaming as a tool to communicate. For example, you can use different beaming to implicitly indicate a "break" in the continuity of the line, thus perhaps one might assume "Oh, I should release/reapply the pedal here." Lots of options.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Ok Thanks for the information. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 09, 2015, 12:31:50 PMIt really depends on your preference. I seem to be in the minority, but I prefer groups of two. Most of the guys here do four, but there is really no wrong choice. It's completely up to you.
I'm one of the minority too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26