News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Need help recognizing an instrument!

Started by CLBGM, November 15, 2014, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLBGM

Hi I need help recognizing an instrument. What's the instrument playing the ostinato in the background between 0:26 and 0:32 (not the brass one, the one that is 6 eights per measure)?. It sounds so cool! I'm guessing it could be a clarinet or a bassoon, but im not sure. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: And it plays again at 0:39 - 0:45 :)

Dudeman

Hm...I really think it's a violin section. I'm not hearing any sort of woodwind sound. Then again I may not be hearing the right part...but that's what I'm getting.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

CLBGM

Quote from: Dudeman on November 15, 2014, 11:29:23 PMHm...I really think it's a violin section. I'm not hearing any sort of woodwind sound. Then again I may not be hearing the right part...but that's what I'm getting.

There's a violin section playing too, but a more quiet figure. To me it sounds like a oboeish viola/violin solo xD

Olimar12345

The arpeggiated line? Sound like high strings and clarinet to me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

CLBGM

Hmm, i tried transcribing that part for Bb Clarinet, and then added a violin section doing the same thing. It sounded very similar, it's a good VSTs matter i think. MIDI

Well thanks guys for clearing that up :)

EDIT: Naah it's an oboe XD