Series: Other
Game: Kingdom Hearts
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Dearly Beloved
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: NasiDe & Silvertitan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Always is kinda weird being an "updater" to people who are far more seasoned NSM'ers than myself...
But hey! Good job on a classic song, using the most aggravating notation software known to mankind.

Some revisions due:
1.) The layer work in the left hand could use some ironing out. Below, I've provided an idea for what I think would look a lot cleaner. The structure of the LH accompaniment is pretty consistent throughout the song, so you can follow the pattern below pretty well for the whole thing.
(Oh, and I think cut time [2/2] with 65 half notes per minute works a lot better for this song - 135 quarters per minute is unbefitting of the mood)

2.) If you place the repeat going from measures 1-16, that will be more efficient, and it will allow you to cut out measures 17-24 in your sheet, since they're redundant otherwise.
---------

Final note: If Notepad doesn't let you do any of the above, I'm more than happy to do it for you.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

NasiDe

Pfft, I'd hardly call myself seasoned. I've been around, but haven't really gotten around to doing much. XP
I really appreciate the compliments though. ;D

At any rate, I updated the time signature, and cleaned up the left hand and tempo. However, my Finale Notepad is unfortunately really limited and I can't make the pedal notation like that. Unable to repeat properly, change octaves in the best way, and can't change key signature midway through the song. That's one thing keeping me from arranging some songs and being able to fix others.

I don't know how I missed that repeat redundancy. Usually I keep up with those a lot better than that. Yeesh.

I know that I'll have to clean up and fix the left hand for a lot of later arrangements. I figured out completely how the 1 through 4 tabs worked way too late into arranging so a good number of them are a mess.

Thanks for the advice and criticism. I'm glad to be able to fix up my sheets so that they're that much better. It's kinda a pain, but still pretty good.

Bespinben

Looking good!

Some full Finale intervention -- I redistributed the measures so that there will be 4 measures per system, eliminating the icky one measure system at the end. Also a playback functional repeat sign:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/KH%20Dearly%20Beloved.mus

One more thing and I'll be happy - and you too, I think.
Quote from: NasiDe on November 10, 2014, 03:16:58 PMI'm starting to submit my sheets... However, I'm unsure whether or not to include a collaboration arranger.

On most of my sheets the original PDF arrangements were made for numerous instruments while I alone made the piano arrangement. We worked on our arrangements individually, however we collaborated in arranging most of the songs in the Kingdom Hearts series in the same project.

Does anyone have any input as to what I should do here?

The current standard for NSM for situations like this would be to write you as the arranger "Arranged by Naside" and then write "Edited by Silvertitan".
A second option, which is still acceptable and would better describe your collaboration, would be~
 "Transcribed by Silvertitan"
"Arranged by Naside"
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

NasiDe

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the advice on the collaboration information. Sounds like something to start updating as I work on submitting everything. I've updated the sheets to include the transcription variation.

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah, the transcription option is definitely more applicable in this case.