[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Island In The Sky" by NocturneOfShadow

Started by Zeta, January 30, 2015, 08:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

I'll just put my criticism list in here and be as clear as possible. Note that I didn't read anything in this thread so ehm

let's get this started

-The title and composer text boxes have to be bold. This should be doable, it's probably the same way as italic text. But then with bold. I'm not sure if keyboard shortcuts are the same in Notepad, but this could be done with Ctrl + Shift + B.
Move the song and game title up a bit, as it's getting a bit cramped with the arranger and composer names.
Also, make sure the quotation marks in the title are also in the smaller titles on the 2nd and 3rd page.

-Make sure the rhythm notations in the left hand in m. 13 (and similar) are the same as in m. 1 (and similar). This is to make clear to the reader where the beats are in the measure. So instead of [8th - 8th - 8th - half (tie) 8th], make it [8th - 8th - 8th - 8th (tie) half].
Because of this same reason, the second quarter note in m. 9 (and similar) has to be two tied eighths.
Notate m. 11 like this:
[16th - 16th - staccato 8th - 8th rest - 8th (tie) half]

And measures like m. 14 like this:
[8th - 8th - 8th - 8th (tie) quarter - quarter]

-Instead of the pedal markings in the first few measures, add a "ped ad lib" marking at the beginning of the score, under the left hand. This means the player can use the pedal as he wants; Don't try to get the playback as best as you can, it's just a simple reference.

Xaoz

Quote from: Bloop on March 23, 2015, 11:44:16 AM
Spoiler
I'll just put my criticism list in here and be as clear as possible. Note that I didn't read anything in this thread so ehm

let's get this started

-The title and composer text boxes have to be bold. This should be doable, it's probably the same way as italic text. But then with bold. I'm not sure if keyboard shortcuts are the same in Notepad, but this could be done with Ctrl + Shift + B.
Move the song and game title up a bit, as it's getting a bit cramped with the arranger and composer names.
Also, make sure the quotation marks in the title are also in the smaller titles on the 2nd and 3rd page.

-Make sure the rhythm notations in the left hand in m. 13 (and similar) are the same as in m. 1 (and similar). This is to make clear to the reader where the beats are in the measure. So instead of [8th - 8th - 8th - half (tie) 8th], make it [8th - 8th - 8th - 8th (tie) half].
Because of this same reason, the second quarter note in m. 9 (and similar) has to be two tied eighths.
Notate m. 11 like this:

-Instead of the pedal markings in the first few measures, add a "ped ad lib" marking at the beginning of the score, under the left hand. This means the player can use the pedal as he wants; Don't try to get the playback as best as you can, it's just a simple reference.
[close]

I am currently trying to fix this arrangement. Will read through your stuff, when I am done with the rest and then see. Most of it was, hopefully, already mentioned before :p

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

Quote from: Bloop on March 23, 2015, 11:44:16 AMI'll just put my criticism list in here and be as clear as possible. Note that I didn't read anything in this thread so ehm

let's get this started

Notate m. 11 like this:

fixed and uploaded, although the ties were grudgingly added
unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 23, 2015, 12:48:09 PMfixed and uploaded, although the ties were grudgingly added

No idea why you would update something, when you know someone else is already working on it. Whatever...

Click

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bloop

Quote from: Bloop on March 23, 2015, 11:44:16 AMthe second quarter note in m. 9 (and similar) has to be two tied eighths.
The other quarter notes were alright.

mikey

oh I forgot to upload my changes maybe you should make the changes from my next draft Xaoz
unmotivated

mikey

new draft uploaded

things that I can't change
-Get the quarter note symbol in the BPM
-Put the composers on two lines
-Remove the Pno.

and I think after that it should be good, I could add expression text but I don't think it's really my style

next submission to come mid-may
unmotivated

Bespinben

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 15, 2015, 01:50:49 PM*cries internally*
Weep no more Noc, I have touched your sheet:

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

There were a lot of missing parts, so I added those in along with the massive reformatting. There were some errors in what you did have written out though, such as the rhythms of the guitar accompaniment, so that was fixed as well. I'm really quite surprised no one in these 5 pages of feedback pointed out that your sheet needed a repeat system as well. I composed a little plagal cadence as well, for good measure :)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

Bespinben

๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) yeah... <(_ _)>

I just was in one of those moods where I was like "It's been 3 months, let's just get this done already!" Sometimes is just easier for me that way, though at your expense. I mean, I spent 3 hours writing up my recent response to Slow's "Furio Tigre", and that didn't have a whole lot of issues, so just imagine the time it would take me to say "change this, and this, and this, and this, and this" in your sheet the same way!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta