Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Launch Base Zone Act 2 (Beta)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: meeow

meeow

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
- Mewtwo, "Pokemon: The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back"

Libera

Hi and welcome to NinSheetMusic!  Sorry it's taken a bit to get some feedback on your first sheet, but I'm here now.  I'm going to give you some high level feedback with a couple of specific details pointed out.

General formatting: The formatting is actually pretty good for a first time submission, but could do with some work.  The font size is far too small, which I think has occurred because you've applied a pretty hefty 77% resize to the whole sheet.  I would highly recommend adjusting the staff size separately if you want the music to be smaller, so that you don't have to shrink all of the other elements so heavily.  Try to centre the dynamic in bar 1 a bit more neatly and also have a go a distributing the systems on page 2 a bit more evenly.  I can give some specific pointers on that if needs be.  The tempo marking also could be a lot closer to the system, starting over the time signature.

Beaming: The beaming in the sheet needs a bit of care in places.  I'd have a look at this beaming guide which hopefully will be helpful.  In particular, things like the sixteenth tied to eighth in bar 1 etc. should be a dotted eighth, beat 3 should be visible in bar 19 etc, all of bars 13-32 etc.  Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Accidentals: In general there seems to be this odd preference for flats even when sharps (naturals) make a lot more sense, like the the sixteenth note run at the end of bar 24 (completely diatonic to C) and in bar 31.

Harmony: Most of the written-in harmony doesn't really come from anywhere in the original, like the parallel fifths in 17+, the parallel sixths in 25+, fourths in 31+ etc.  If you want to add the melody, I'd really think about the chords that the bass and accompaniment parts are outlining and take notes to fill out those chords.  That way the harmony will sound much closer to the original.

Some more specific points:

-The two RH notes in bar 12 should be G Ab, not Ab C.
-The bass stays on Eb in bar 34.
-To me, bars 7-8 and 15-16 should look identical aside from the key.  Not sure why there are differences in voicings.
-The tempo written on the sheet is a bit too slow.  It should be around 128bpm by my estimate.
-There are probably better ways than the repeated C sixteenths in bar 24 to get across the percussion.  Certainly playing alternating octaves there would be a lot easier, but there are other options.

Anyway there are some thoughts, which hopefully help.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Libera

meeow

Ahaha, whoops. I can't explain why, but I didn't want to do this for like ten months. Sorry about that!

So I made most of the changes you suggested! Beaming, note accuracy, tempo, etc. are all much better. I even got someone else to do my exporting for me, so hopefully there are no issues there. I wanted to point out a few things though, such as:

- The bass in bar 34 I kept how it was, since the chords in the background move up as well and I wanted to get that across. Without that, that whole part sounds super flat and boring.
- I played with the extra harmonies I wrote, since outright removing them sounds bad. I really tried on this one, and I very much hope it sounds better this time, but with an extra almost-year of music experience, I'm not too worried.

Overall it should be much better! Sorry this took so long, hopefully I don't have to do this again because Lord knows how long that'll take.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
- Mewtwo, "Pokemon: The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back"

Kricketune54

Beaming by and large looks good now, as well as accidentals.

• Did you put 1993,1994 in the bottom credits because this a beta track? Usually just do release date (which was 1994) otherwise
• For what it's worth, counted tempo to be q=129
• On the last page, notice there are some accidentals overlapping with notes. This happens typically when converting from MuseScore, or doing certain actions in Finale, but clicking into the noteheads will fix them. I would do this for all measures though, because the spacing was off elsewhere as well.
• Might I suggest this measure distribution on page 3 as well? Typically the last system you want to have more measures than the second to last.
Spoiler
[close]
• I'm going to agree with Libera on m34 in keeping the bass Eb like m33. I don't think it's a matter of being and boring, as it's good to highlight when the chords in the right hand diverge from the consistency of the bassline. One way to highlight this would be to add the softer harmony pitches in the early part of m34, you could also do this in m33
Spoiler
[close]
. Feel free to play around with this or disagree but I tend to skew on the side of accuracy
• On that same trend, what if you made m36 RH 2.0 bottom note an Ab instead of Bb, and the ending RH note a C as well? This would match more with the actual notes of those aforementioned harmony pitches

More specific stuff
• m1, m5, m13 RH beat 4.5 this note sounds like a staccato note as well
• m16 RH technically the melody note is a C here, so could either remove the F and add C or move F to bottom of this chord
• m19 RH all the non-tied 8th notes here are staccato 
• m20 RH this is a whole note length note
• m31-32 RH you could fill the rests with the softer pitches on beat 2.0, 3.5 in m31 and beat 1.0 and 2.5 in m32.
Spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros