News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

[MUL] Shovel Knight - "The Defender"

Started by blweldon2, July 28, 2014, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blweldon2

The game's soundtrack is a free download and the composer has released the nsf file for the soundtrack if it helps anyone. The song is from the final battle against Black Knight.

http://virt.bandcamp.com/track/the-defender-black-knight-battle

Maelstrom

I know someone created a jw lua script to turn the nsf files into finale files, but I haven't been able to contact him to get it.

Yugi

When you get the finale files maelstrom, could you please give some of them to me? There's some area themes I want to arrange.

Maelstrom

Yeah, still hasn't responded. I'm not sure it'll happen.  :(

edit: but here's his video:

DonValentino

But that's like arranging by midi, it takes all the fun :<

Maelstrom

But you have to admit, some of those songs are nearly impossible without those files. And, unlike the average midi, these would be 100% accurate.

DonValentino

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. None of the songs from Shovel Knight is as difficult so as to not be possible to do without the original files, even if the arrangement is for piano only; and in that case, impossible songs would be "Battle! Ghetsis" from Pokemon Black and White or "Big Boo's Haunt" from Super Mario 64, not any from SK.

Anyways, I'm not against using midis or these kind of things to guide the arranger, I'm just saying it takes all the fun of arranging. I mean, it would be so easy to just go to VGMusic, grab 50 midi files and just copy and upload them as piano arrangements. :P