News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What GameCube Games do you recommend?

Started by Sebastian, September 25, 2013, 06:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What GameCube Games do you guys recommend?

Super Mario Sunshine
1 (14.3%)
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door
3 (42.9%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!
0 (0%)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
2 (28.6%)
Other (Write Below)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: December 04, 2013, 05:25:01 AM

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

Sunshine is really annoying, definitely my least favorite Mario game
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

FierceDeity

Wow, can't believe I never put in my two cents on this one.

-Mario Kart Double Dash is my favorite mario kart in general
-I like melee, but I prefer brawl tbh
-I love sunshine, idk if I'd call it my favorite but I do think it's really underrated. It's hard as hell, and that was refreshing.
-Luigi's mansion was great, idk whether just playing the new one would do the "series" enough justice or not, I haven't played it yet
-Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario TTYD: A+++
-I liked Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance a lot, but then again it's one of only two games I've played in the series
-I liked Twilight Princess more than WW tbh, but then again twilight was both gamecube and wii, so meh
-As far as Mario Party games go, 4 is great. 3 (for N64) is still my favorite, though.
-If you want a game that's just impossibly hard, F-Zero GX.

Games that are a little more obscure but I'd still recommend:
-Lost Kingdoms II has a pretty strange game concept (using cards to summon creatures/perform attacks while moving around in a 3D space), but it's executed wonderfully.
-Custom Robo was probably the funniest game I played on the gamecube. Aside from the cool arena-battle shit, it has a really quirky humor in the overworld interactions, and a pretty investing storyline imo, despite its absurdity. If you just play one of the games from this second list, I'd recommend this one.
-Phantasy Star Online: This one is probably a lot more time consuming; it's kind of like a typical MMO with a smaller range of abilities, a lot of cool emergence from dungeon repetition, very little online component (despite the name), and a lot more capacity for solo play. But it's so satisfying to keep leveling one character, going through the different dungeons, episodes, and difficulties, there's a MASSIVE sense of progression. It's probably most enjoyable if you have other people to constantly play it with; I'd constantly do 4-player with my brother and two of our friends, so that probably contributed to my enjoyment a lot.
-Super Monkey Ball 2 (I really don't know whether these are as obscure as I think or not) is another really fun game for multiplayer. There's just all of this silly shit, along with really interesting racing mechanics. And monkey battle mode is fun as hellll.
-Gauntlet: Dark Legacy is another really fun game for multiplayer; less time commitment than phantasy star online, but still a decent amount because the story is kinda long. Like PSO, you can also play it 1-player and it's still pretty satisfying, but it's best with more people. It has pretty simple game mechanics, you're just moving around with a bird's eye view and pretty much just two types of projectile attacks, but the items/level mechanics/group play/progression of different elements of your character makes it really fun.

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 18, 2014, 11:19:25 PMWow, can't believe I never put in my two cents on this one.

-Mario Kart Double Dash is my favorite mario kart in general
-I like melee, but I prefer brawl tbh
-I love sunshine, idk if I'd call it my favorite but I do think it's really underrated. It's hard as hell, and that was refreshing.
-Luigi's mansion was great, idk whether just playing the new one would do the "series" enough justice or not, I haven't played it yet
-Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario TTYD: A+++
-I liked Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance a lot, but then again it's one of only two games I've played in the series
-I liked Twilight Princess more than WW tbh, but then again twilight was both gamecube and wii, so meh
-As far as Mario Party games go, 4 is great. 3 (for N64) is still my favorite, though.
-If you want a game that's just impossibly hard, F-Zero GX.

Games that are a little more obscure but I'd still recommend:
-Lost Kingdoms II has a pretty strange game concept (using cards to summon creatures/perform attacks while moving around in a 3D space), but it's executed wonderfully.
-Custom Robo was probably the funniest game I played on the gamecube. Aside from the cool arena-battle shit, it has a really quirky humor in the overworld interactions, and a pretty investing storyline imo, despite its absurdity. If you just play one of the games from this second list, I'd recommend this one.
-Phantasy Star Online: This one is probably a lot more time consuming; it's kind of like a typical MMO with a smaller range of abilities, a lot of cool emergence from dungeon repetition, very little online component (despite the name), and a lot more capacity for solo play. But it's so satisfying to keep leveling one character, going through the different dungeons, episodes, and difficulties, there's a MASSIVE sense of progression. It's probably most enjoyable if you have other people to constantly play it with; I'd constantly do 4-player with my brother and two of our friends, so that probably contributed to my enjoyment a lot.
-Super Monkey Ball 2 (I really don't know whether these are as obscure as I think or not) is another really fun game for multiplayer. There's just all of this silly shit, along with really interesting racing mechanics. And monkey battle mode is fun as hellll.
-Gauntlet: Dark Legacy is another really fun game for multiplayer; less time commitment than phantasy star online, but still a decent amount because the story is kinda long. Like PSO, you can also play it 1-player and it's still pretty satisfying, but it's best with more people. It has pretty simple game mechanics, you're just moving around with a bird's eye view and pretty much just two types of projectile attacks, but the items/level mechanics/group play/progression of different elements of your character makes it really fun.
Wow... Dude :) you've played a lot of games

SlowPokemon

My best friend calls Baten Kaitos Origins, for GameCube, her favorite game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

^

Quote from: Roz~ on September 25, 2013, 08:00:31 AMBaten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos/Origins are amazing games. I've played Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean a lot, and I've rarely seen a game that takes ~60 hours to complete (on the GC). And if you want to collect everything, add another 60 hours... probably more actually. They're fantastic games that unfortunately went under the radar of many gamers. They are definitely worth playing: The music is awesome, the story is great, the battles are fun, the graphics are pretty nice, etcetc.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 19, 2014, 05:52:23 AMWow... Dude :) you've played a lot of games

Growing up with two older brothers who love games as much as I do has had an enormous impact on the variety of games at my disposal, haha

mikey

Mario Party 6 was fun.
(And not just because I always won  8) )
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 19, 2014, 08:29:12 PMGrowing up with two older brothers who love games as much as I do has had an enormous impact on the variety of games at my disposal, haha
Nice